Monday, January 8, 2018

When you LIVE in Québec ...


When you live in Québec, IF you are open-minded, you are VERY lucky LANGUAGE-wise ...

Although the province is 81% FRANCOPHONE, English is VERY present and part of our daily lives, therefore easy to learn ... Same for ANGLOPHONES wishing to learn FRENCH ... And it is quite NATURAL to become BILINGUAL, if you WANT too of course ... Then if you are even MORE aware of the MULTI-ETHNICITY surrounding you, especially in LARGE cities and interested in communicating with the WORLD, you can EASILY pick up a THIRD language ...

I was born in a FRENCH-speaking family, learned ENGLISH at school and through reading, working and traveling to the US ... Then I fell in love with SPANISH through friends and music and multiple adventures in Mexico ... This morning, the POSTMAN brought me a belated SURPRISE gift from my friend Monique ... And when I unwrapped it, I started LAUGHING ... Now, I have NO excuse NOT to become PERFECTLY fluent in CHICKEN dialect too ... What a GRRRRRRRREAT and AMUSING book !

No comments: