Saturday, November 2, 2013

FELIZ DIA DE LOS MUERTOS !

 
I am HONORED, touched,
FLATTERED, moved and ENCHANTED
with the gift I received this morning
for EL DIA DE LOS MUERTOS !

Martha EL Catrinero- Helena Nares.,
an INCREIBLE artista y creador,
sent me this picture of
a HUGE traditional SAWDUST RUG
made and displayed on the ground of
the HISTORIC square of
La Piedad Cabadas, Michoacan De Ocampo
in Mexico ...

Beautiful EPHEMERAL art inspired by
my FRIDA SUGAR SKULL painting
for this SPECIAL day celebrating
departed LOVED ones ...

A TEMPORARY creation
that will last ONLY till
the END of the party
then will DISAPPEAR ...

This is one of the
MOST wonderful THING
that could happen to my ART ...

Wish I COULD be there
to see it in PERSON
and meet the people
WHO worked on it ...

MIL y MIL GRACIAS, Helena,
for recognizing this piece as MY art,
taking the time to SNAP a photograph of it a
nd SHARING it with me ...

This made MY Day of the DEAD ...

Take the time TODAY
to reflect, TALK, think about,
REMEMBER the friends AND family members
that are NO longer in this WORLD
but STILL so much part of
YOUR life ...

FELIZ DIA DE LOS MUERTOS A TODOS !

VIVA Mexico !!!

No comments: