Wednesday, October 12, 2011

WOW !



Do you sometimes feel TOTALLY overwhelmed
by the GRANDEUR of nature around you ...
Does your heart LEAP at the giant foamy waves
BEATING up the ocean rocky shores ?
Does your soul ESCAPE your body at a flight of Canada geese
FLYING South on a cold day ?
Does your heart WISTLE a happy tune at the cheerful bright zinnias
POLKA-DOTTING the garden like yummy candies ?
Do your eyes FILL UP with uncontrollable tears
at the sound of a moose CALLING his mate at dusk ? 
This morning, I lifted my head to look at the MAJESTIC sky
and INSTANTLY fell on my back in the grass ... 
Could NOT move a finger NOR blink ...
Could BARELY breathe ...
Autumn PUNCHED me right in the stomach ... 
Leaving me mouth open AND paralyzed
at the IMPOSSIBLE beauty
of INDIAN SUMMER colored leaves hanging in the trees above ... 
Can it REALLY get any BETTER than this ? 
I'll get OVER it in a few minutes ...

1 comment:

Terri said...

Beautiful... for sure! What a way to take time and smell the roses..or..leaves...what a lovely post.