Monday, October 10, 2011

SO MANY REASONS TO BE THANKFUL ...



Today, I am THANKFUL for a single BLUE EGG,
the very first one layed by the Ameraucana hen
I hatched in spring ...
THANKFUL for holdind it, warm and perfect in my hand ...
For admiring its flawless shell and unusual color ...
For witnessing this little MIRACLE, ordinary yet SO mindboggling ...
For being able to sit in the grass peacefully 
while the roosters are crowing ...
For the sun feeling hot and orange on my back,
like the leaves in the maple trees ... 
For my beautiufl SON sleeping late on a quiet Sunday morning,
for my LOVING boyfriend hard at work in his shop,
for my ADMIRABLE parents who just called to get news about the kittens ... 
For this house that we built with our hands that we call OURS
and for the land it is seated on, BORROWED from Mother Nature ... 
For the happiness and enthusiasm I inherited from my grand-parents ... 
For the trees and the flowers,
the insects and the birds,
the colors and the noises,
the days turning INTO months INTO years ... 
I stay humble, head low,
thankful for ALL I have
when SO MANY others have NOTHING ... 
I am so very blessed,
if only to be able to acknowledge
the LUCKY star I was borned under ... 
HAPPY THANKSGIVING DAY
to all my Canadian friends ! 
Do take a minute today and stop what you are doing ...
Look around you and COUNT your blessings ...

No comments: