Monday, October 3, 2011

I AM A JUNK JUNKIE ...



A FRENCH children scrabble board dating from the 70s ... 
A pair of yellowing RUSTIC hand-made wood PEASANTS ... 
An OLD Indonesian heavy carved MASK decorated with horsehair ... 
A trio of PLASTIC mischievous and NOT-SO-SCARRY windup toys ... 
A GOGO kidney-shape turquoise CONFETTI melamin soap dish
filled with a HANDFUL of tiny baby dolls ... 
Strange ARTEFACTS ... 
Discarded TREASURES ... 
Colorful NICK-NACKS and TRINKETS ...
Time gone by RELICS ... 
Grouped together in a makeshift SHRINE
to the Gods of JUNK ...


2 comments:

peggy aplSEEDS said...

today my son broke a saucer and i kept it (for a mosaic one day?) i am a junk junkie too!

yoborobo said...

Me, too, LuLu! I am a junk junkie. I love your Junk shrine. I set mine up in little tableaux around the house. Recently I added a little maiden figurine to my Halloween village. She is very definitely not from this 'hood, and very nervous to be visiting. haha! We must have fun, must we not? xox Pam