Friday, September 9, 2011

SURPRISE BOX GARDEN ...

CLOSED the coop for the night yesterday,
putting to BED 3 ROOSTERS and 8 HENS ... 
EARLY this morning,
as I walked through the GARDEN
on my way to let them FREE,
I stopped on my path ...
SOMETHING was moving in the begonias ...
HOLY poultry ! 
A tiny HEN
Tamed enough to be HELD in your arms ! 
Where did it COME from ? 
NOBODY around raises chicken ... 
I bet someone left her in our yard during the night ...
It happened with a COCK-A-DOODLE a few years back ...
She is ADORABLE
And a KEEPER for sure ! 
Told you our GARDEN is a
GIANT surprise box ... 
You just NEVER knows what will
APPEAR or VANISH ... 

1 comment:

Anne Huskey-Lockard said...

Lulu, this was like the year we were having the roof put on the house and the guys said, "We saw your pet chicken!"
And I said, "WHAT CHICKEN???"
Who knows where it came from...lived in the pines until one day we had an ice storm predicted. I was sick, out running off coyotes with the gun and had a towel to keep the ice off. I squatted down and called to the chicken, and she finally came over and let me pick her up. Wrapped her in the towel, we went in, warmed up and watched some TV.
In a day or two she went to live with some Amish farmers who let her stay with their Banties. Mon. Banty took a *LIKING* to her immediately---there was a female who died after having babies so "Clucky" became the Banty-mama, caring for the chicks. :-)
I miss that chicken....

XXOO~~
Anne