Tuesday, April 5, 2011

THE WHEEL KEEPS ON TURNING ...

EACH spring,

I walk in this OLD orchard

to pay a VISIT to Betsy and Daniel ...

She departed this world in 1865

AND

he followed her 3 years LATER ...

I don't know WHAT it is,

but there is SOMETHING familiar

that ATTRACTS me to this tombstone,

SEATED right in the middle

of HUNDREDS of apple trees,

ALL ALONE,

high on a stack of rocks ...

This simple

YET

beautiful etched slab of marble

having gone through SO MANY seasons ...

Witnessing the apple trees

BLOSSOM in spring,

RIPEN their fruits in summer

and

BENT over by their weight

and heavy PERFUME in fall ...

TWO persons lying side by side

FOREVER ...

This is what

LIFE is ALL about ...

A BIG wheel

that keeps ON turning ...

3 comments:

Kim Mailhot said...

A beautiful spot to rejoice in this crazy wonderful thing called life.
Light and Love, Ma Belle !

blueberries in the fields said...

oh this is so touching Lulu. tombstone always attracted my cusriosity as to who were those people and how were their lives.These two were probably "soul Sisters ".
oh and thank you so much for that wonderful and sweet comment you left for me on crescendoh. I am still on a clou, have not yet decided when i will go back down. ^_^
happy week to you.
p.s.say hi to mister moosie for me next time you meet him. xx

yoborobo said...

What a lovely place to sit and think about life and all its mysteries. :) Happy spring walks to you, my friend! xoxo Pam