Sunday, January 2, 2011

SOUND THE ALARM ! ! !

‎56 DEGREES Farengheit

on January 1st and 2nd is

NOT NORMAL

here in Southern Quebec ...

The maples trees are WARMING up

and the sap is CLIMBING their veins,

ready to be BOILED into syrup ...

NOT NORMAL ...

The snow is ALL melting and under it

the ground is NOT frozen DEEP ...

NOT NORMAL ...

My rose bushes are budding

little GREEN heads ...

NOT NORMAL ...

While walking up the ROAD this morning,

I picked up about 50 Monarch caterpillars,

ALIVE and ready for SPRING ...

The FEEL-GOOD singing ROBINS

are chanting their APRIL song

but I must tell them

it is just a FALSE alarm ...

4 comments:

MyBlueSky said...

Hiya LuLu!!
I'm so happy to find this blog tonight, and see some of your other work. I have three of your mermaid paintings hanging in my kitchen, and they are a constant source of joy. Everyone that comes over loves them as much as do. I hope to get some more one day, but I know I'm not the only one!! Thank you for making such lovely work!!
Meredith

pinkglitterfae said...

oh dear, this is shaping up to be another strange winter. I'm in Southern Ontario, and the last couple of days of mild weather and rain have wiped out our tiny bit of snow. It's getting depressing. Something's wrong when places in the Southern US and Europe are getting snowstorms, and we are walking around with light jackets, lol!
oh well, hope nature can correct itself.
Happy New Year!

LulaPie said...

Strange winter indeed! Snow and the sub-zero temperatures…and we can't cope with anything more than a couple of inches in the UK. The whole place came to a stand still. Pretty as it was, to begin with, I don't want it to come back. The weatherman is threatening more snow! Don't think my garden can take anymore cold weather.

Georgina said...

Don't worry, Lulu. I'm sure you'll be back to winter's glory again soon. Out here in El Paso, Texas, we're having winter, finally, but it will start climbing back up to the 60's again soon, so our winters are really your Springs or Falls!! LOL

xxoo,
Georgina