Monday, January 3, 2011

HAVE YOU HUGGED A TREE TODAY ?

This morning,

I noticed with SADNESS

that my BESTEST tree friend is

DYING ...

His STANDING figure with limbs outstretched

has been part of my life

FOREVER

and he is the one I can tell

ALL my secrets to ...

My favorite CENTENNIAL maple tree

is getting WEAK and STUNTED,

now missing many of his arms

and is skin is getting covered with scabs ...

From NOW ON,

every day,

I will spend a bit MORE TIME with him

and I will listen EVEN MORE

to what he HAS TO tell me

about the old days GONE BY ...

We should ALL pay MORE attention

to our ELDERLIES ...

Have you HUGGED a tree

TODAY ?

2 comments:

Lisa Loria said...

I hug the trees everyday!
I too adore trees.
Do you know the real meaning behind
the saying..."knock on wood"?
You will like it!
Hugs to you!

Elena said...

Oh my goodness...I feel the heartbreak. I absolutely love your artwork and your blog looks great. Hope you don't mind if I follow.