Tuesday, October 12, 2010

GIVING THANKS FOR IT ALL ...

Woke EARLIER than usual

so I would have time to go outside

before our Canadian Thanks Giving PARTY

started around noon last Saturday ...

Every year,

on this particular weekend,

I love to visit neighboring old cemetaries

when the light of the RISING SUN

shines on the tombstones ...

Time stands STILL there ...

The leaves will fall

and the snow will cover everything

in a few weeks

but comes spring again,

nature will wake up

and be ALIVE once more ...

The BIG wheel keeps on turning ...

EVEN after death

Giving Thanks for

this beautiful life

I have the CHANCE to live ...

Bellies, HEARTS and minds were filled with GOOD stuff !

We had a wonderful Thanks Giving meal

OUTSIDE under the yellow-leaved maple trees

and had plenty of time to HUG and talk and LAUGH

and eat and tell family and friends

how much we LOVE them

and

how LUCKY we are to have them in our life ...

In French, in English, in Spanish ...

We are all so THANKFUL ;-)

4 comments:

Sophia said...

What a great thankful post. So encouraging and uplifting on a day where I wake again to anxiety and fears of my life. Ugh. Thank you for sharing such beauty. :)

Sunny Lee said...

Ya, we don't really get to show how much we love our families and friends. Happy Thanksgiving~ :)

Gloria said...

Yes it was a great post. Giving thanks every day is something I do. Life is just too short. Happy days to you and yours.

Lisa said...

Sooo beautiful. I feel very fortunate to read this a month ahead of my own Thanksgiving celebration. I will surely have this beautiful scene in my mind.