Sunday, September 12, 2010

NOT PROUD TO BE HUMAN ...

The family is in SHOCK !!!

One of our 5 cats,

Patte Blanche (White Paw)

had been missing for about a week ...

Our neighbor found him Saturday

caught in a snare metal trap,

A SNARE ! ! !

he had set up at the entrance of his barn

to catch skunks roaming around ...

We freed him quickly enough to save his life

but he will be a handicaped cat from now on,

missing half of a paw.

He spent

5 days

under the heavy rain,

no water,

no food,

terrible pain

and

fear of being the prey of another animal

and rotting away with maggots in his trap.

I am just about ready

to set a giant people snare

at the entrance of his rich house ...

Crap for brain idiot !

10 comments:

sassypackrat said...

Poor kitty! So glad he was rescued but horrified he had to go through such a terrible experience!

pinkglitterfae said...

I am disgusted that people still use such barbaric means of dealing with animal pests. What a jerk!

I'm sorry your poor kitty went through this. I often wonder if some people can feel compassion for anything or anyone but themselves....seems humanity doesn't want to wake up
xoxo

Susan said...

He is such a sweetie. I'm so glad you found him in time. Kitties are so strong. I pray that he will adapt to this new situation and heal quickly. Give him kitty kisses from me.

MissKoolAid said...

That's horrible!
People are so stupid sometimes...
Here's hoping Patte Blanche recovers nicely and becomes stronger after this ordeal.
Sophie

priti.lisa said...

OMG! A snare trap? really??? I am so sorry for your kitty...but I would feel sorry for a skunk too.
Why did it take him so long to check the danm trap??!!

oldblackcatboo said...

OMG! I read this with tears in my eyes and it just makes me sick. How absolutely HORRIBLE! I lost my cat for a month and 3 days and was so worried that maybe something like that had happened to him. Thank God he was OK!
I totally understand how you would just be in shock.
I have 3 rescued kitties that are handicapped but get around and adapt really well. Animals are amazing in their ability to overcome such an awful injury. Give me an extra hug and kiss for me.
Thank goodness he was rescued in time.

baukje said...

It's a GREAT SHAME. Poor little cat.

Sugar said...

Oh boy, that is really terrible. I'm so sorry that happened Lulu. Good thing you found him now and he is safe. Poor kitty!

Cynthia said...

OH MY! Best wishes for a quick Kitty recovery. :(

Gillian said...

To be quite frank, so many people really do have shit for brains. It's true. It really is.

Lucky cat to be rescued. Let's hope kitty memory is short. Like "Where's my food?" and "Get off my chair" soon occupy his days.