Saturday, May 1, 2010

A TROPICAL SUNSET WILL CURE ANYTHING ...

#!+&@**!!!

I drove to Montréal today to

pick up the four 3'x5' canvases for my BIG painting commission.

On my way back, got a #!+&@**!!! flat tire on the highway that I fixed in the mud under the pouring rain (yes, I got a few offers from nice gentlemen who wanted me to step aside while they did the fixing themselves but I decided a while back that I needed to be able to take care of myself by myself anytime, just in case...).

When I got home I found out that my 3 dogs had had an encounter with a skunk while I was gone and smelled like #+&@**!!!

But ...

the sunset was beautiful !

And there is nothing better than a

red and pink sky at night

to soothe your soul ...

5 comments:

Anne Huskey-Lockard said...

You deserve a day of REST and PAMPERING!!!!
Thank heavens you're okay...and what a spectacular sunset! WOW! The color is magical!

XXOO!!
Anne

Gloria said...

Hi Lulu, sweet little lady amiga. Hope you are doing a little better. Hey, that is pretty good that you fixed your own flat tire. I don't know where to begin other taking the tire out and laying it down. I couldn't even jack up the car or does it still need to be jacked up? ....and my husband is a master technician with all the necessary skills. Tee Hee! The sunset is beautiful Lulu. How lucky you are to have that sunset. I haven't seen a sunset out this way that can even compare to this beauty. Hey lulu, don't forget to join my giveaway, it's still going. It's on my sidebar, click and go to the post. Take care.

Diane said...

Now that's what I call a bad day, with a beautiful sunset!! and my hats off to you for changing your own tire!!

La Viscountess said...

i absolutely like the way you look the life.... you had a bad day BUT the sunset was beautiful..... i don't know how to say in english, it's great to see you choose "de voir le verre à moitié plein"!!!!

oldblackcatboo said...

So sorry that you started off with a crappy day but WOW you are right about that sunset.
I used to feel just like you about the flat tire thing. I was always doing all the work and always carrying everything by myself etc.
But ya know what! I'm tired of doing it all. I sprung for Roadside Service this time and if i get a flat, I'll be reading my book as the guy changes it! LOL!
But it's cool that you can do it! Woman Power!