Monday, April 19, 2010

TRANSPLANT A LITTLE, PAINT A LITTLE, LISTEN ...

to music a little ...

The weekend came and went pretty fast ...

The weather was nasty, sleet, wind, rain, you name it, so staying inside was not something I had to fight against ...

I painted all day Saturday while my son played guitar. Nothing sweet and soft ...

NO !

U2, White Stripes, Green Day, Guns & Roses, AC/DC !!!

With some Bob Marley and Heart's rifs in between ...

I transplanted my seedlings all day Sunday, always much more work than I recall from the previous year ...

Jalapenos and habaneros chilis, wild Mexican cherry tomatoes, Italian tomatoes and giant Whopper tomatoes, orange and red chards and flowers, of course, so many kinds of flowers ...

I have no idea where and how I will find the time to grow all these in my garden ...

But I will ...

New original paintings are on their way to show you soon !

I finished two commissioned pieces yesterday but I can not show you the result since both of them are gifts and their recipient follow my blog ...

My first week on Facebook has been very interesting ... but my question is

Where do people on Facebook find the time to spend all these minutes chatting away and how do they manage to still find the time to do their art as well ?

I must be mentally challenged, but I have a tough time keeping up with answering emails and posting pictures on the web ...

Bonne semaine !

5 comments:

Lisa said...

hahaha my son always plays stuff like that, too, though now and then he plays a chill piece. I just love your home. Good luck getting all those plants in. I'm a little jealous and you may have inspired me to expand our new little garden space a bit. I'm on facebook and I get the conversations but all the games escape me.

Anne Huskey-Lockard said...

LOL!!!
Facebook can suck you in like a giant sea monster! You just have to decide how much time you can allow for it. (I have cut back drastically due to getting nothing done!)
I post when I am taking a painting break or when I have hit some creative impasse that I need to zone out and not think consciously about. It's pretty good for that...clearing the grey matter! ;)

XXOO!!
Anne

priti.lisa said...

I'm with ya sistah! I haven't even thought about facebook...no time!
Everything I find important takes WAY longer than I expect.
xox

Diane said...

Sounds like your weekend was just like ours--very cold and rainy. But you had a productive weekend. When my son lived at home--he would practice on his drums. The drums are still here and he still comes over to play :)

oldblackcatboo said...

Ah oh! I forgot to plant my seeds again! Well maybe I still have time, it's still pretty cool in the evenings.
I know! I tried Facebook for about a week and then de-activated my account...I barely find time for my fav blogs!
XOXO - Cindi