Thursday, April 8, 2010

THIS and THAT and MORE ...

We survived a Easter weekend with a house full of impromtu friends and family, a muy caliente sun that raised the thermometer to 84 degrees F, a constant loop of White Stripes music playing on Ulysse's new iPod Touch plugged on mega speakers, two roosters trying to kill each other for the love of a chick and overeating barn-animals-shaped chocolate of all kinds, lemon-lime cheesecake and coconut and pineaple cupcakes.

Needless to say that I am now walking 5 miles a day to get rid of all these sweet and rich empty calories but miam! which tasted so yummy ...

We worked outside in the garden, getting the soil prepared to bear the next bounty

and cutting fallen trees from the last wind storm.

Not sure I like these incomplete weeks with holiday Mondays and Fridays.

I found it hard to concentrate on working in the studio before the weekend and this week feels like it never started !!!

Tons of new stuff has been thrown my way lately and if I don't want to go completely crazy, I have to stop and take the time to smell the flowers and mostly, get organized !

I will be one of the featured artists in two different gallery shows with a Dia de Muertos theme this fall, both in California and both real hip and funky. How fun and how exciting !

My art, mostly my Frida paintings, will be featured in an upcoming book on Dia de Muertos, again! Fun, fun, fun!

I am FINALLY on Facebook and love it!

It has brought me real good stuff in only a day being there, a commission for a HUGE painting and meeting again with an old friend I lost track of years ago. But I find it can be addictive and so time-consuming! I will be posting on it daily but will not loose myself in the Faceworld! Come over and say Hi!

I will surely not neglect my beloved and comfortable blog though, it is nested right in the middle of my heart ...

I managed to finish 3 new paintings but have not even found the time to photograph them!

Due to the popularity of my little wooden block prints in my Etsy shop, I decided to mount some of my images on larger pieces of wood. Here are the first three large wooden block prints listed on eBay right now. I just love the way they look and holding their weight in my hands. I think these prints are more precious mounted on wood than on regular canvas.

Don't forget my SWEET SPRING PINK GIVEAWAY

is ending tomorrow night, Friday, April 9 !

Hummmm ... I made a giant plate of sushis yesterday and what is left in the refrigerator is now calling me pretty badly now ...

Gotta go !

Love and peace

LuLu xxx

9 comments:

Anne Huskey-Lockard said...

Hi Lulu!

Yes, Facebook is very addictive! I am constantly choosing between blog or FB....but it can give you a lot of exposure for your art. You should benefit greatly!
Congrats on the Dia De Los Muertos shows!!!

XXOO!!
Anne

Gloria said...

Nice photos Lulu. Sounds like your Easter weekend was a winner and your soil looks very rich. I enjoyed this post. Take care and enjoy your painting.

yoborobo said...

Hi Lulu! I love your pictures, especially the one of your dog and cat! Lol! And I don't like fb all that much, it's very hustle and bustle. I prefer blogging, but I will find you there and say hello now & then. Congratulations on the shows! That is fabulous! xo Pam

oldblackcatboo said...

Wow! I'M exhausted just reading about all the Fabulous things you are doing and have accomplished!
You are just a whirlwind of creativity! I am in awe.
I love everything but of course my fav pic is your kitty and dog! So Sweet!
Congrats on the shows!!!

Toni said...

Hi Lulu! I just discovered your art tonight on Facebook. I have always loved Mexican folk art and adore your color palettes and imagination! I hope to buy one of your paintings in the future:) It's hard to decide with so many great ones to choose from!

windy spring said...

Aloha Lulu, i am a huge fan of your work, i love your Fridas and your collage style. very very cute!
im looking forward to keeping up with you on facebook.
to future fun cheers!!!
windy spring

snippetgirl said...

Shoowee, you are one busy, busy lady!!! Facebook is very fun and addicting!! I really love it. I will have to look you up right now :).
I love the idea of the large wooden block prints. I ADORE my little ones.
Have a wonderful weekend!!
Many purrs and hugs,
Carrie

Rina said...

I love the picture of the kitty and dog sleeping together...how sweet...that book sounds interesting.....can't wait to hear more...happy your on facebook...my advice is just StAY away from the games on there!!! addicting...happy to say I beat my addiction...lol

Pamela Holderman said...

Good to see spring is coming to your neck of the woods. Can't tell where your animals begin or end but they sure look cozy and oh so cute!