Wednesday, April 14, 2010

LIGHT UP MY HEART ...

Look what I got in the mail this morning !

A surprise from the Yucatan !

From my friend Juanita who was visiting with her brother in the Yucatan for a few weeks !

When I was there a little while ago, I fell in love with these hanging lamps made up of dried gourds, or calabashes if you prefer, hollowed and carved. Some have inserted glass ball and holes covered with coconut fiber to create light texture.

Isn't this one extraordinaria?

I left Mexico planning to purchase a few of them but we had car problems and could not drive to the markets ...

Needless to say I was so happy to find this treasure in a beaten box at the post office !

Everytime I light it up, I will hear the waves of the Carribean ocean and feel the spicy breeze that made these lamps dance all together at night in a far away corner of my heart ...

Muchas gracias, amiga de mi corazon ...

Mi hermana mexicana ...

7 comments:

Gloria said...

Ooooh Lulu! That is extraordinairre. I love it and how wonderful of your friend Juanita to do that. I'm sure you will love it always. Enjoy the light textures, they are beautiful. ::hugs amiga::

Anne Huskey-Lockard said...

That must be delightful at night, with the other lights dimmed and only the shaped glow from the little gourd lantern!
Most delightful!!!

XXOO!!
Anne

yoborobo said...

Muy bonita! I love your little lamp. :) I love the little shadows on the wall. What a lovely friend! xo Pam

Georgina said...

That's lovely, Lulu. What a find!

Abrazos,
Georgina

Lisa said...

I just LOVE it!!!

Rina said...

THAT IS GORGEOUS!!!!

Faerie Moon Creations said...

That lamp is so gorgeous! :) What a wonderful treasure. Theresa