Monday, April 26, 2010

JUMPING WITH JOY !!!

I always take my paintings across the border to make things easier for my US customers.

I took this BIG Frida Kahlo painting with me Saturday morning to drive through the Quebec-Vermont border.

I grabbed the attention of a certain gentleman watching me going through my wrapping-thang at the post office, so much bubble warp and pink paper all over the place ...

He called me this morning and commissioned me to do

5 BIG (3'x5') Frida and Dia de Muertos-style paintings

for his new country house!

Oh la la !

LOVE these Monday mornings !

17 comments:

sassypackrat said...

Wow, congrats!

Jodaeodesign said...

How exciting. Congratulations!

Anne Huskey-Lockard said...

YOU GO GIRL!!!
that is absolutely fantastic, and I am sure his house will *GLOW* when they are hung.....wonderful!♥

XXOO!!
Anne

Samantha Conklin said...

What a thrill - congratulations!

Debby said...

This is so fabulous, congratulations.
debby

andrea creates said...

Wow, that's great! Congratulations :)

Gloria said...

Very exciting! Congratulations! Have a great week Lulu.

Faerie Moon Creations said...

WOW!!! Many congratulations to you. That is absolutely wonderful!!! :) Theresa

yoborobo said...

Oh, LuLu! That is fabulous! Maybe you should drive around without bubble wrap - lol! xo Pam

Sparrow's Nest said...

that's so exciting :)

Diane said...

Excellent!!! and well deserved.

Fair Rosamund said...

That's SO awesome, congratulations!! :) ~Lauren

priti.lisa said...

YAYYYYY! I am so very happy for you LuLu!

And for him. How fortunate for you both that your paths crossed!

All part of the plan :)

Christine/La Viscountess said...

just discover your blog and your art, i love frida, the colors you use.... well don't know what to say, i love what you do!!!!

Georgina said...

Amiga, that's wonderful!! I think you've given us all a great idea!! LOL I love the painting and congrats on you new commission...wonderful.

Abrazos,
Georgina

Glycérine said...

Wow I just discovered your blog.. your paintings are amasing ..
"Je les adore.. pour de vrai hein"...
And congratulations !!

oldblackcatboo said...

Wow! How totally cool is that!
Congrats!!!