Wednesday, March 17, 2010

SWEET AND EARLY SPRING ...

Spring !

Maple season

is almost finished,

the pussy willows are already seated in the branches,

the first red-winged black birds are chatting in the fields

and my dahlia bulbs are pushing their new stems out as fast as possible.

This year, spring has arrived here almost a month earlier than normal after the mildest winter with the lowest snow falls ever recorded here in Quebec.

Strange and not so reassuring ...

Meaning not much water in stock for the coming summer and mercy on all the damaging insects that usually do not make it during the cold season ...

But ...

it feels so good to be springing again !

Another month has gone since my last post and I am not happy about it. My once-broken hand had to be "retouched" and "realigned" and for 3 weeks I had to wear a contraption to keep my fingers from moving too much. Not good for drawing and painting and typing (and doing the dishes, cleaning up the house, cleaning the kitties litter - all the fun stuff I so totally adore doing ;-D).

The doc removed it last Friday and so far so good. No pain at all and most of my dexterity seems to have returned.

Yeah!

So much artsy stuff to make now, so many ideas spilling out of my brain and so much energy to burn !

I had to paint a very soft painting with tons of green and yellows for the arrival of this early spring. A palette of the colors of my heart right now ...

This sweet Spring Angel with Blue Birds 8"x16" canvas painting is on eBay if you want to bid on it and on Etsy if you really, really want it now.

More various goodies, new canvas paintings and a new Spring Giveaway are coming soon !

I will chirp and whistle when they are ready !

Hope you find a bit of time in your busy day to go outside and marvel at the tiny perennial miracles that this new season is bringing in your neighborhood ...

6 comments:

BumbleVee said...

We're having the same great early spring weather here in Calgary.... can't say for sure if it will last til the real spring...but, we can hope. +14C yesterday.....

and... and.... I've been baking some Maple Syrup Scones the past few weeks...because we scored a bottle of the real deal ... Maple Syrup from relatives of my sweetie's parents... mmmm... yummy.....

Sophia said...

Totally LOVE the new angel painting. I think this one is my favorite yet!! :)

And what SUPER fun, spring photos. LOVE THEM. They really made me smile today.

Hugs!!

Anne Huskey-Lockard said...

I just soooo love your work; I'd rather stay inside and enjoy it until we REALLY have something pretty and Springy here!
(that's okay, isn't it???)
Glad you're back to being able to create!

XXOO!!
Anne

Faerie Moon Creations said...

Beautiful painting - so bright and cheery and springlike! Glad to hear you are on the mend and able to create fully again!
Theresa

Susan said...

Just stopping in to say hi. I think we got some of your snow here in my part of the world. I can't believe that your baby has grown so much. I remember seeing him with long hair sitting in a chair learning to knit. Ahh, how times flies. Hope your hand continues to heal. Take care and who knows, maybe that hand will get a "twinge" every time that old kitty box needs changing.

Juliette Crane said...

i love these new spring paintings! just beautiful and such wonderful colors. happy spring! xoxo, juliette