Tuesday, March 23, 2010

DAY SMILE, NIGHT TEARS ...

These days I am so busy ...

Getting ready for my Easter brunch with the family in a bit more than a week, baking spanakopita (spinash filo pastry) and baklavas (sweet pistachio and honey filo pastries) and making fondant-centered chocolate eggs and petits-fours for the big day ...

My parents will be coming over as well as my only brother Richard with his children and it if gets as warm as they forcast it to be, in the 80s !!!, we might dare take a dip in the half-thawed pond ...

Trying to finish a few commissioned paintings for two of my favorite customers, Anita and Lawrence and a big order of woodent pendants for a new funky store that just opened ...

Glueing the last bits of the 3D collage I am assembling on a big mirror frame for the living room ...

Sowing tomatoes, dalhias, parsley, basil, chards, green-heart yellow daisies, butterfly-bushes ...

But ...

Yesterday, I decided to stop everything I was doing and, on the spur of the moment, to paint this Sun-Moon Frida portrait.

I smile during the day, I cry during the night is what the words on the canvas say ... It reminds me of the little colorful painted coconut masks made in the state of Guerrero in Mexico, which I lovingly collect ....

Sun and Moon Frida is currently on eBay if you feel like bidding on it and in my Etsy shop as well, if you can not bear the thought of not winning it ...

I have so many canvases in the work on my tables right now, I amaze myself ! I will be listing a few more paintings this week for sure.

I just can't believe some people get bored and have nothing to do ...

I could use another life after this one and fill it up in a minute!

Enjoy your Spring !

13 comments:

Tess said...

Your Sun-Moon Frida is very pretty. I love the pic of all the cups with the statuary and the light shining through the window in the background. Ah Spring...is it really finally here?!

Juliette Crane said...

this is so beautiful! i just love the balance you have going on.
happy spring! xoxo, juliette

Flor Larios Art said...

Muy interesante el cuadrito de Frida!

Felicidades on your big order for the funky shop... I am sooo happy for you mi amiga :) :) :)

Un abrazo,
Flor

Diane Duda said...

Love this! So glad you stopped to paint it. :)
Have a wonderful, warm holiday and enjoy your family.
xo
Di

Faerie Moon Creations said...

I think I'm coming over to your house for Easter...those are some of my favorite treats - especially Baklavah! LOL Your new painting is extraordinary. Enjoy the holiday! Theresa

Georgina said...

Love your Frida Sun/Moon. I have a couple of coco head dolls and your painting does remind me of them...I love those dolls. My grandmother used to have a room in her house in Mexico full of folk art...just 1 room. The rest of the house was decorated with art that she had collected from her worldwide travels. I loved those coco heads and the wooden sculptures from Oaxaca and other colourful lovlies. I don't know what happened to all that. After my grandfather passed away in June of '72, we moved her here to Texas and never returned to the house. My uncle and his family lived in that home and as far as I know, still do. My uncle passed away some years ago and that was the last time I saw that part of the family...we were not close at all. I do know from talking to my cousin many years ago, that his mother threw away my grandmother's fiesta ware dishes, a stab in the heart, and her Hummel collection, but he didn't know what happened to the folk art....oey, such a royal stab in the heart!!

Love all your little budding babies that will go out in your lovely garden. Take care and keep creating...you one of the best.

xxoo,
Georgina

Janine said...

Sun- Moon- Frida is something very special.
Very cool idea

Gloria said...

Sounds like your Easter is going to be a great one. I love all your plants. I just put mine in my little garden close to the house and hubbers is going to put plants in way out in back on April 1, tomorrow. Enjoy your life.

bLu eYd YoGi said...

hello sweetness! just stoppin by to SPREAD THE LOVE!!! ♥ ♥ ♥ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=np1pl-7TZQg
i LOVE your post~ sooo happy!
xoxo.
e.

oldblackcatboo said...

Whoa! You make me feel like such a slacker! You are SO busy and yet find time to create this beautiful painting! WOW! I want some of that energy and talent! Too cool!

Rina said...

Love the new painting!!!

B.J. von Schneyder Art said...

Love the painting, your style is so unique and being a big Frida Fan myself I adore it even more :)

It´s so nice to see how many are getting ready for spring here on blogspot. Everyone is seeding and planting, me too.

Happy Easter and happy creating!

Mahalo ~ Bettina

Irene said...

Hello,
Do tell about your plants! I haven't managed to do mine yet, and I need some mood boost!
Your Parisian girl is doing fine and says "hello". She brings me so much joy!