Thursday, February 18, 2010

FUN KNITTED EYE CANDIES ...

This morning, as usual, coffee cup in hand, I shuffled to my studio to have my daily morning one-hour web navigating session. I try to limit myself time-wise or I will end up spending the entire day drooling in front of my laptop screen ...

So much stuff to get inspired with and such a limited number of hands to work with (sigh ...)

Featured on Etsy's home page, xbloom crocheted pet hats made my day! This little googly-eyed pet monster hat is just perfect !

I would love it so if I could convince my 3 dogs and my 5 cats to wear a different monster-style hat ! It would be like leave in a house full of strange four-legged furry trolls !

And look at another style available!

A red devil hat, just like the one the cat is wearing in my latest Two Devils painting (featured on the top-right side of my blog and available on eBay and Etsy!)

If you have a cat or a dog (or an iguana or a parrot or a monkey) you gotta check this store!

I learned knitting and crocheting at a very young age. Both my grand-mothers were good working with yarn and my mom too. So very naturally I was attracted to it.

I knitted and crocheted all kinds of tiny items for my creature houses (I was never too found of dolls but liked building furniture for character toys of all kinds). I remember making a tiny seaside chalet à-la-Thumbelina with a cardboard cookie box, using a half-walnut shell to make a bed for which I crocheted a tiny, tiny striped afghan.

My knitting, like anything I created I guess, had to be bold, colorful and a bit on the wild and unusual style.

And it still is ...

I have been working on and off on this big sweater, using all the wool remnants my grand-mothers had kept with the years and passed on to me.

A mixture of once knitted baby socks, a girlish pink frilled top that I hated wearing, a blanket I use on my first camping night when I was a scoutgirl.

A melting pot of wooly souvenirs. threads of special moments ...
All it needs now is to finish its collar, then it will be done!

Don't you think it looks like a big bowl of licorice allsorts ?

11 comments:

aliceinparis said...

I love all the colours in this sweater. How could a person not feel happy when wearing it! So cheerful. Alas, knitting is something I cannot do.
Those wee cat hats are adorable.

pinkglitterfae said...

bonjour lulu! you made me smile with those cute photos of the cats with hats, lol!
cool sweater you are knitting, I would love to be able to knit that well. Yes it looks like licorice allsorts, yummy! which I happen to love.
It's almost done, can we see you model it :-D
betty

Gloria said...

Hola amiga. That is a beautiful sweater with all those wonderful colors can be worn with anything. How very talented you are. I admire your creativity. Thanks Lulu, I enjoyed your post. Have a great rest of the week. Take care.

Jill said...

Oh I just LOVE those cute cat hats! Although I know my 2 wouldn't keep them on for 5 seconds. The sweater is wonderful~so bright & cheery & full of memories I'm sure. Happy Thursday ~ Jill

Tess said...

Those pet hats are adorable and how did my cat's pic get on your blog? Is she freelancing again? lOL!! I swear that cat looks just like my baby.
The sweater is wonderful. Yep looks just like licorice or those multi-flavored candy sticks we used to be able to buy at the five and dime store.

priti.lisa said...

That sweater is GORGEOUS!
Those-cat-in-the-hats...LOL.
My cat would never stand for that, but those are some of the sweetest photos
xox, Lisa

Anne Huskey-Lockard said...

I love that devil cat hat!!!
But the sweater, oh yes, that is wonderful and full of meaning too.
I spend the evenings knitting compulsively, and while I don't try sweaters anymore (due tow weight and hands) I would love knee socks that look like your sweater!
Such color---it makes the day good!

XXOO!!
Anne

Janine said...

Ha Ha, thats good. Thank you for sharing this!
Have a great sunday
Janine

beedeebabee♥ said...

Hi Lulu! I found your blog while visiting Flor Lario's lovely blog. I love it here! First, that sweater you're knitting is soooo pretty! Such happy colors! I love your artwork...you're so very talented!...AND, those little cat hats are just too cute! I think my Jingles may need to have one of those little numbers! Nice to meet you! xo Paulette

Erica-Jane said...

What a gorgeous sweater! I love those cat hats, so cute!
Erica
x

dog hats said...

Oh my, that devil kitty hat is killer! I love hats for dogs for my little chihuahuas and my other toy breed dogs that wear chihuahua clothes, but that devil hat, well, I could probably dress up my chihuahuas in that and they'd look like little monsters! So adorable!!