Thursday, October 8, 2009

TWO CEMETARIES, ONE SKULL AND A PAIR OF ORANGE SHOES ...

Cemetaries, skulls and color orange always seem to show off in the month of October right before Halloween.

I am in the middle of finishing the 13 (no! this is not a joke! 13!) different paintings I have been commissioned to do and I have been quite a nice girl staying in my studio and working hard without being tempted to go play outside.

I should never take a vacation from painting! The more I paint, the better I get at it! Instead of thinking and projecting and procrastinating, I ACT ! And the more I act, the easiest it gets! I become a more sure-of-myself artist and a worry-less-about-it person. Excuse my English if I am not too eloquent... But I am pretty sure you guys understand what I mean...

I finished this commissioned painting for a wonderful monkey-and-orange-color-lover client and it was great fun working on it! Thought I would show it to you so you believe me when I say I have been spending real time in my studio !!!

I drove Ulysse to his friend Scott a little while ago and took a few minutes to walk around their orchard to steal a couple of juicy apples, gaze at the amazing view they have from their place and visit the two cemetaries close by.

I walked through the thombstones with the sun shining on my shoulders and I thought how wonderful it would be to rest ...

here ...

forever ...

I love apple season!

The lingering sweet smell of the ripe fruits in the trees follows you wherever you go. Apple growing is big in this region and there are so many kinds of apples I think even if I live until 107 years old, I will still not have tasted every one of them!

At the end of a tiny path, I found this beautiful whethered shed. And on the door of this shed this amazing hand-made skull-and-bones sign warning people of the toxic content behind the door. You know me by now, I am a skull maniac.

Wow! I wanted to take it back with me!

I absolutely love this time of the year when you know nature is putting on its last show of colors before entering a loooooooooooooong hibernating white time off ...

6 comments:

glorv1 said...

Wow Lulu! You always meet up with wonderful things when you go on your walks. I loved that cemetary and keep wanting to go to one and just walk around and look and take pictures like you did. Your pictures are awesome. Is it Thanksgiving over there fo you? If so, Happy Thanksgiving. I loved your post, it's so you. Have a great week amiga and take care.

Jill said...

I LOVE walking through old cemetaries & reading the headstones & just imagining what the people were like. The pictures are gorgeous. I'm so envious of where you live! Enjoy the fall. ~ Jill

Kelly said...

Beautiful pictures. You captured the feeling of this season. I completely agree with you; how wonderful it would be to rest in that lovely cemetary...with the apples and beauty surrounding you.

glorv1 said...

Happy Thanksgiving! muchacha amiga. Have a great one.

Janine said...

Blogland was waiting so lonng for new wonderful creations of you.
This is such a lovely, funny beautyful painting.
More, More, More!

Couture de Papier said...

Oh my goodness..Thank you for inspiring magical creations!Hull,Mass.