Wednesday, September 9, 2009

STRANGE ENCOUNTERS ...

I love to drive on the little country roads around here ...

I love to discover new paths when I get lost ... There always seem to be surprises and treats along their way...

And I am a big sucker for simple eye treasures that make my heart beat faster than on a roller coaster ride!

For instance, I decided a couple of days ago to visit an older gardening center to buy unusual bulbs to plant in the potager this fall. I got inside the antique greenhouse but there was nobody around. I walked to another much smaller building just beside it and when I open the door, I came face to face with ... the Devil !

Isn't he wonderful and scarry and weird?

I would love to have him poised among ferns and flowers in my garden!

Yesterday, Ulysse wanted to try his brand new metal detector so, of course, we needed something similar to a beach to scavenge. So we decided to go to a new secluded spot on Lake Champlain where we had never been before.

We stopped on our way to pick an unusual plant growing in the ditch. And we heard water ... We found a little path leading to the nearby woods and arrived at this spectacular spot where the White stream weaves through the forest in a bed of rocks under a canopy of huge trees.

Ulysse looked like a tiny creature in the land of giants. The light was beautiful and the moment perfect.

We then continued our drive to the lake and walked the shores for a couple of hours, finding bits of metal here and there, nothing spectacular, but enough to mount together in an interesting assemblage.

The sun was going down fast so we decided to turn back but just before we spotted something strange in the distance. We couldn't figure out what it was so we ran to it ...

What an incredible sight!

And so a propos with Halloween not far away...

A fish skeleton had gotten caught on a rock in the water with dried seaweed attached to the remnant of its tail. Perfectly perched there with the sunset in the background!

Nature will never cease to amaze me ...

And I know that wherever I go, there will always be surprises, beautiful moments and amazing scenes to add to my collection of exquisite souvenirs ...

10 comments:

chandlerguera said...

Wow, LuLu, this is a really an outstanding sight! Thanks for sharing it. And welcome back!

glorv1 said...

What I like about your outings and escapades is that your son Ulysses is always included. To me that means that the memories you are making with your son are priceless. These are moments that are being embedded into his soul for remembrance at a later time. How sweet the thought. You are a very good mother Lulu, and I'm proud to know you, be it cyberspace.:D Take care and glad you had fun.

nollyposh said...

~Gorgeous~ i could feel the warmth from all the way over here! X;-)

Sonia ;) said...

Amazing pictures LuLu...love trips too

Smiles

Tess said...

Oh wow that gargoyle/devil is awesome. And your sleleton fish find is definitely operfect for a Halloweeny pic. I love that picture. Such treasured moments youa re collecting.

Bella Sinclair said...

Oh, what a splendid story! Thank you for taking me along on your adventures. I love finding little bits of treasure here and there. I love getting lost (as long as I have a GPS). The devil and the fish skeleton are fantastic!

Beautiful photos here. And your ART! Such color! Really fantastic. I love your style.

Janine said...

Wonderful pictures.
What a sight!

Anya said...

What a sight
I love it :))))
You have lovely shots today ....
(@^.^@)

blueberries in the fields said...

oh wow, cette image est fabuleusement effrayante ! c est super de faire de si intéressantes découvertes. Étrange et a la fois merveilleux ce que la nature peux nous offrir. :)
je voulais te dire que je fais une petit Giveaway pour halloween, si jamais tu aimerais venir y participer, tu es la bienvenue.
passes une belle journée :)
monique

Pease Porridge said...

What a beautiful adventure! I love all of your pictures and the gorgeous surrounding that you are living in. Wow. Your family is so perfect and I love all the animal pictures. I would never get anything done there. Ha ha To many cute creatures and pretty things to see.
Jennifer