Saturday, September 5, 2009

IT'S ALL THEIR FAULT ! ! ! (Part Three)

Please bear with me a little longer ...
I am almost running out of excuses as to why I haven't stayed in my studio in August ...

Some stuff needed to be done, things that couldn't wait ... The latin-colored peppers needed to be picked and roasted and smelled and packed in olive oil and not eaten right away ...

The eggs kept on appearing daily, rain or shine, like giant pearls of all shades and tones, marvels of nature that once cracked open and eaten and broken in tiny bits are fed again to the chicken as calcium supplement ...

The true blue of the morning glories got so bright that after having looked at their flowers up close for too long I could no longer appreciate other colors for a while ...

And the gourds ! They grew so fast on my old metal tent (which travelled to Mexico 3 times) frame that it soon turned out into a "green" house. And standing under it made me feel like a leprechaun ...

The flowers grew so dense and so tall in the garden

that if it weren't for the feathers left behind to mark his path

I would have never found my beautiful rooster the-mean-man Jello hiden in there ...

And the grape-tomatoes, so ripe and so orange and so sweet ! There were so numerous on the vines that I started counting them one day and it afterbreakfast and by midnight I was still not done ...

So what do you do with so many tiny tomatoes? Simple! You slice them in two, lay them side by side on cookie sheets and dry them in the oven at the lowest temperature for hours until they become wrinkled, chewy and incredible flavourful. Then, you packed them in jars covered in olive oil and store them with the roasted peppers !

The pears were blushing ...

The artichokes were pointing their heads ...

Ulysse melted bee's wax outside on the fire and made hand-dipped candles and no way I was going to miss the show, my so-creative son working with another new contraption of his own ...

And other gardening friends had to be visited and some time had to be spent sipping tea under the plum tree ...

Even the smallest friends needed attention, especially the ones that I will no longer see once the cold months arrive ...
I feel better now ...

Now that you know that I meant to paint and blog and work in my studio ...

Now that you know that I have missed you all but that I just had too many Augusty things to do !

I am back working in my creation room, doing assemblages with treasures found during summer, finishing commissioned assignements, sewing and doodling tons of sketches on paper...

And it's so much fun !

I promise ! I will have a few new paintings available in a few weeks !

18 comments:

Jill said...

As usual the pictures of your gorgeous surroundings made me green with envy! How I would LOVE to live where you do! Thanks for sharing. Looking forward to seeing new paintings! ~ Jill

Dithi said...

Bojour Lulu!

It is such a treat for the eyes- this post! It is a yummy post, just like the last two ones.

Good to have you back.

Bisous.

Dee

Diane Duda said...

we understand. :)

snippetgirl said...

oooooohhhhhh myyyy! A true feast for the eyes!!! So many stunningly beautiful photos! I just want to come live in your world :).
Can't wait to see some new artwork!!! I need my Lulu fix!
Have a wonderful day~~
xoxo
Carrie

America Alcala said...

Oh Lulu...I wish I was a fairy and lived there in your beautiful garden.:) Everytime I visit your blog it makes me so happy! :)

Abrazos,
Meri

catboxartstudio said...

OMG, another awesome post! You have had every reason to be away from your studio. If had all of that, I'd be in the middle of it too. Wow, so, so, pretty indeed! However, I do look forward to seeing some of your new creations!
Again, an awesome post - loved it!!

Anya said...

Amazing green shots,
it looks delicious :)

Bon said...

What a wonderful life you have!

sweetmango said...

the food you grow....DIVINE mmmm.
is it a long drive from heaven down to earth lulu?? LOL
beautiful shots.
xxsm

glorv1 said...

Hi Lulita.:D I see why you were away and I too found lots of time in my gardens, but your, wow! It is so awesome. Can I live there. I promise to help you grow your plants. But then if I leave here, what will hubby do? He'll have to plant alone I guess. I have a better idea, I'll continue to work on mine till its like yours! Yay. Take care. Look forward to your paintings, but I love your gardens.

Lisa said...

Lovely LuLu

Janine said...

Hi Lulu, I love the photos of your garden of Eden.
I am glad to welcome you as my reader.
I wish you a wonderful weekend
Janine

blueberries in the fields said...

awww, lulu, ton jardin est une merveille pour les yeux et toutes ses bonnes conserves que tu fais vaut la peine de négliger ta peinture. mes poules me manquent, j adorais aller chercher mes oeufs frais. il y arien de mieuxdans la vie que de rester a la campagne.
merci pour tes si jolies mots que tu as laisser dans mon blog.
jetes un coupd oeil de temps à autre je veux faire un giveaway pour halloween ! :)

nollyposh said...

Oh wOw! Such a beautiful colorful Life... Just like your gorgeous paintings X:-)

Jo James said...

Such a beautiful life you've made!
Thank you for sharing it :)

noodle and lou said...

oooh who could blame you! i would never come back! so much glorious beauty...you are just surrounded by true fabulous-ness Lulu:) i just loved looking through all your photos. it was like a vacation!!! many xoxox...jenn

Tess said...

Oh what wonderful and glorious pictures. The morning glory is fabulous. I love your photography skills.

Apple said...

Wonderful pictures!! They made me smile! :)