Monday, July 27, 2009

TALE OF A FAIRY'S TAIL ...

Look what I did this morning !

Snip ! Snip !

I went from middle-of-the-back long waivy hairstyle to Mia Michael's boyish-style haircut !

I have done that at least three times in my life, going from very long to very short in a minute !

When I met my husband Francois years ago, he commented to a friend about my long crazy hairdo and how much he liked it. He invited me to go out for diner the same day and when I showed up at the restaurant, I had gone to the barbershop to get my hair cut short à-la-française !!! I had won his heart anyways so he had no choice to love me maneless ...

There is no greater feeling than getting rid of a big bunch of heavy hair !

I feel like a new person !

My hairdresser had absolutely no hesitation in going for this serious snip but when she did it, everyone in the beauty salon went

Ohhhhhhhhhhhh ! ! !

I feel great and totally recharged !

Look out everyone !

The new LuLu is here !

10 comments:

glorv1 said...

Lulu!!!What have you done???hehehehee. Whatever rocks your boat amiga. I think I want a short haircut too. Maybe I will. I would love to see your short locks. Have a great Wednesday or Thursday.

Janine said...

How brave of you!

Tess said...

And what did you do with this beautiful fairy tail? Did you donate it to Lock's of Love? The picture is awesome.

Caitlin said...

I am in desparate need of a haircut...I can't wait until I can get rid of it!

Sonia ;) said...

New hair can make a personality charge in anyone...so much fun and exciting you went for it..

Smiles,
Sonia ;)

America Alcala said...

Wow Lulu, I wish I was brave enough to do that! I love the photograph! :)

Georgina said...

I did the same thing years ago, LuLu. My hair was below my waist and I had all cut off...I haven't turned back at all...I love my low maintenance do and in this heat, it makes things a bit easier.

pinkglitterfae said...

You are brave, lol, but your new style sounds great!
I am sure your hairdresser was rubbing her hands with glee, usually long- haired women ask for just a trim (at least I do).
Enjoy the freedom of your new 'do
cheers,
betty

noodle and lou said...

oooh me too lulu!! i love to chop all of hair off!! it makes me incredibly HAPPY!! no one seems to ever understand how i can do it...but i say who cares! it's just hair...it grows back:):) heeehee!

Tammy said...

Wow, Lulu, you must feel very liberated. I always feel like a million bucks when I get a new hair style. Where's the after shot? You big tease! ;D