Friday, May 29, 2009

LITTLE JOYS OF SIMPLE DAYS ...

I wish I had tons of creations to show you but right now I am in the middle of many canvases, assemblages and sculptures, all of them unfinished and all of them half-done ...

But ...

I can show you a multitude of little joys which I seem so lucky to get in big doses on a daily basis ...

My marble St-Joseph, once a garbage reject found in an alley in East Montreal, basking in the morning sunshine, waiting for a splash of colored flowers to keep him company ...

Mike doing his lifeguard watch on the pond's rocky beach ...

Ulysse working harder at keeping the chickens out of his garden patch then planting his purple cabbages (don't you love his hat? It used to be his now-passed-away grandmother's) ...

Madame et Monsieur Toad smooshing and getting in the mood for looooooove ...

On my way to gather the eggs in the hens house, smelling the deep-grape-popsicle-colored lilac as I walk by it ...

Marveling at the ability of one-fat-cat Mike to keep his balance without falling asleep on the sofa after a tough night out ...

Ulysse the farmer so proud of his corn patch, entirely rototilled, fertilized, sown and taken care of by him (he even ordered the seeds from a catalog himself) ...

I collect these little moments and have gathered so far so many in my heart that sometimes I fear there won't be enough space for more one day ...

I am one lucky girl ...

8 comments:

chandlerguera said...

I love how sometimes the littlest joys bring us the best memories. Spring is now transitioning into summer and I see a lot of lovely and green images from your part of the world. Thanks for sharing with us! We have also started a garden this year, our first.

snippetgirl said...

oh how i adore your photos!!!! your surroundings always look so lush and magical. I love the sculpture....have been wanting a St. Francis for my garden. And the toads...so funny...how risque! Tee hee. Your sweet kitty is SOOOOO precious. What an adorable (and lucky) boy he is!
Have a wonderful week, Lulu!!
xoxo
Carrie

Sharon said...

You take the time to enjoy life and that is why you are so creative. I can't believe anyone would throw out that statue.It now is loved. Sharon

sweetmango said...

I love your home in the spring and summertime, it is beyond beautiful. i remember last summer just how much I was in love with your home and your surroundings. I love where you live, I love your lifestyle.
xxm

The Itsy Bitsy Spill said...

hello and good morning!!

I love the little joys that life brings. It tickles my heart to see how everything blooms as it should be in the brilliance of the sun. Here's to the beauty of magic that surrounds us and lives within us. I love your cat, he's so adorable!

Jill said...

Wow! I would love to have a beautiful, lush yard like yours with chickens, a pond, gardens & a mountain view to top it off! You are so lucky! I love your St. Francis & can't believe someone would want to throw it away. Your sweet kitty is adorable, especially the pose! Happy weekend ~ Jill

bLu eYd YoGi said...

i want to live with you!
peace.LOVE.&cupcakes.
e

The New Monet said...

What a great blog. Your pictures of the garden, cat and everything is so inspiring. A place I would love to visit. I'd love to have some chickens too. I really love your art!