Wednesday, April 1, 2009

MY LITTLE BUNNY ...

I just can not believe an entire week has gone by since my last post !

And now April has arrived and it is going to get even busier has I will be spending more time outside doing the millions of things that have to be done this time of the year.

The snow is almost gone with just tiny patches left around the trees in the forest which means soon the garden will be ready for its 2009 makeover.

Every spring, I redecorate it with new paths, new beds, a fountain moves from here to there, I change the flowers' color palette, the wooden bench finds a new spot in the shade. My garden is quite big and tilling, sewing, planting, repairing and mulching it requires a lot of time and work. April also means an increase in my walking-hiking alloted time. I now walk 4 miles a day, 7 days a week, rain or shine. I feel so much more envigorated and less sluggish doing it but it does take a another bite on the day time spent in my studio.

So, I guess I will be back to my old late-night painting schedule for a while which I really enjoy...

I have been innondated with new commissioned paintings lately and I must organize my time in a proper creative way. I am not at my best under pressure, used to think I was a few years ago, but now realize I was only kidding myself. I like to be at peace with my paint brushes, colors and canvas and I like to keep my heart at a regular beat too ...

I did this little sketch yesterday night just before going to bed and decided to paint it first thing this morning while I was still in pyjamas. I just transfered it to a canvas and added details and colors. And once again the magic happened!

I just love to compare the sketch to the finished piece. I get the same pleasure and excitement I used to get when in my childhood I would fill my rock-tumbler (polisher) with plain old rocks and a few days later would find they had transformed into precious gems, all shiny and wonderful.

Notice the pastel colors on this painting? This is quite unusual for me ...

I wanted to keep it soft and springy and girlish and adorable ...

And I am quite happy with it !

Mon petit lapin ... This is how my grand-mother Alice used to call me when I was a small child. My sweet, sweet mémère Alice that I miss so much ...

My little bunny painting would make a wonderful Easter gift ! And since there is not that much time left I have decided to offer it on eBay with a Buy It Now option so you can get it right away! It is also in my Etsy shop at the same price.

I hope Spring has arrived in your neighborhood too!

18 comments:

Vania said...

The magic sure did happen with this painting - it is absolutelly gorgeous - just lovely :)

glorv1 said...

It's great Lulu. I love the way you did the sketch and then transformed it on the canvas to what it is now. Great work as always. Take care.

love.boxes said...

Darling!
The hikes sound so nice!

Susan said...

The pastels seem to work for you. I hope you incorporate these colors often. I am proud of you and the hiking. I am going to be walking around my woods very soon and I will think of you. Take care, Susan

Micki said...

Such a sweet painting, the colours are beautiful!

Micki x

Ooty said...

Darling this is wonderful!!!!
xoxo

Diane Duda said...

It is a magical little bunny.:) Love her purple hair.
Commissions stress me out too. I'm taking a bit of a break from them, but imagine I'll be back to them soon enough.
Enjoy your spring day!
xo
Di

Bettina said...

Lovelyyyy and so sweet!!!!!

DEB said...

This IS springy, girlish and adorable! Great job!!!

Giovanna said...

Looove your paintings!! I just wanted to say hi and let you know that I have bestowed upon you the Sisterhood Award for great attitude and gratitude. Check it out! It's on my blog:
www.bohomarket.blogspot.com

There you'll find the steps too.
Have a great weekend!

Jill said...

I just love your work! So bright & colorful! The pastel bunny painting is wonderful too. That's great that you fit in a 4-mile walk every day! Wish I could do that. Happy Easter! ~ Jill

Naija said...

hi

its such a loevly bunnygirl i have added uyou to my bloglist and of course im your fan too :)

Danita said...

Lovely Bunny Lulu!!! I hope you're having a wonderful spring!
Danita

Carolyn said...

Ohhhh I love her! And her colors are pretty easter colors!! This is a very neat piece! Great job!

Jenn said...

hello sweet Lulu! She is beyond darling! I love her pinks and purples...delightful!!!

I hope you enjoy a lovely weekend. Spring is still eluding us...but the trees are getting their little buds and the birds are chirping, so it MUST be around the corner. annnny day now:):)

xoxo...jenn

Flor Larios Art said...

Hi Lulu,

I love pink! Her dress is fabulous and the little blue bonny...is a bonus...and the combination with of the pink with the blue in some places is just perfect!

Hugs,
Flor

TheFancyChola said...

I haven't been here for a while...and I am happy to be back! I love you bunny girl...it was cool to see the sketch tranform into the beautiful painting!

Magaly Ohika said...

I love all all your beautiful paintings!