Sunday, April 19, 2009

BLA BLA BLA AND MORE BLA ...

Excuse my goofiness but this post is an assortment of little things that happened in the last days, not necessarily in the right order.
I have been such a blog bum lately!

It is simply too beautiful outside and whenever I have a spare moment, I must run out of my studio !

I am always full of good intentions early in the morning, thinking I will do this and that on my blog later on ... Then, the day passes by and I am still too busy ... Night comes, I sit and start a post but I am too tired to finish it and it gets saved. A couple of days later, I end up with a surprise bag of penny-candy posts and I feel bad that I have not been better at finishing any of them.

So, here are little snips of little daily happenings ...

This little Blonde Mermaid with Frog Prince is a commissioned painting I did for a customer. Both of us are real happy with the results, I think Mr. Ribbit is quite a charmer !!! I am also working on a couple of mermaid paintings that should be added to my Etsy shop next weekend. I don't know if it is because of all this trout-fishing-trip-up-North-in-Quebec-project talking about the 3 of us have been having, but I am in a fins, scales and tail mood of painting !

A couple of years ago, I started assembling terrariums in old glass jars. I made quite a few of different sizes, some in old rectangular aquariums, some in old fish bowls, some others in clear candy jars. I love the fact that you can build a natural lilliputian landscape out of forest miniature plants, composted soil, river rocks, old branches and little characters like tiny fancy porcelaine figures or funky plastic toys. I found this pretty jar in a garage sale a few weeks ago and knew it needed to be inhabited somehow ... Well, last Saturday, I found a leprechaun had started squatting it ! Don't you just love it? Everyone should have a little world under glass in their home ...

New girls in the posse ! Last Sunday, I drove to Roxton Pond to get a couple new hens for Mr. Jello the Roo's harem. I wanted to get some fancier hens and I had heard about this gentleman raising only old heirloom poultry. So I visited him and came back with 4 new girls, two Maran hens (black ones) and two Delaware (white ones). There were so many kinds to choose from ! But we wanted tough ones that can stand cold weather easily and that are reliable in their egg production and these were the best available kinds. We raise our chicken for their companionship, they roam around and are not prisoners in a fence. We also enjoy getting fresh eggs daily and will NEVER kill our older hens because their no longer lay or for their meat. NO! Once egg production has stopped, they too are allowed to retire happily ...

On my way back home, driving through Granby and waiting at the red light, I could not believe my eyes !

Look at the car that drove by !

Too bad I was not on the other side to get a better view but at least I had a few seconds to snap a picture of this amazing vehicle.

Can you believe the skeleton riding a bike attached to the read end bumper?

Well, this might not be the car of my dreams but you have to admit it takes a lot of guts to drive around in a black hot-rod with such a creature hitching a ride in the back !

I love it !

I love to be astonished !

I love it that there are still people out there not affraid to be themselves !

People who do not want to follow the crowds ! People who dare, people who like to play, to have fun ! People who do not care crossing the border ! Other big kids like me, who like to amuse and be amused !

Oh la la! That is enough said in one post! Gotta go back to work soon before something else grabs my attention ...

Like the birds singing so loud and happily ...

Like the new issue of Canadian Gardener that just came in the mail ...

Like this apple cake recipe that needs to be tried ...

And those rocks in the potager that should be moved as soon as possible to make space for a new hot pepper plants bed ...

And ...

21 comments:

glorv1 said...

Bueno dias Oooh Laa laaa Lulu. Sounds like you are enjoying life to the fullest. That motorcycle was something else. I seen the car but it didn't dawn on me that there was something on the back until you mentioned it and I just cracked up laughing. How funny is that.lol. I like the chickens that you got. Speaking of chickens, with the two hens we have, we're getting two eggs a day and we only eat eggs on weekends so they are starting to pile up. I boiled a whole bunch, well about 7 or so and used some for potato salad and just boiled eggs. Still they keep laying.:D What's a woman to do. Well continue on with your creativity and I love that jar idea. Thanks, I may try that. Take care.

SpiritMama said...

Thanks for the lift, this really made me laugh! That skeleton on back of the car, OMG!

Diane Duda said...

So much going on! Love the new painting, that over-the-top hot rod, and especially that you let your hens enjoy their golden years. :)

xo
Di

Terri said...

now if that mermaid kisses the frog will he turn into a man prince or or a merman prince?...and so the story of the painting continues.

Fantastic job!

Georgina said...

Oh how I love your blog!! I want that car!!! As for being ourselves, it's so liberating to be me. My 86 year old mother still doesn't understand why I'm so whacky. A 57 year old woman, mother, wife and grandmother does not behave in this manner...OH YEA!!!! I'm very fortunate to be the only child of 4 that can be herself!! Viva fun!!!

Abrazos,
Georgina

Naija said...

hello

May i suggest you go outside and paint i bet you get more inspiration there :)me and hubbay are aslo big kids lol

Jenn said...

yay for those sweet hens! and what a treat to have fresh eggs everyday. One day I'll have some hens of my own:)
I'm so happy you have been enjoying some lovely weather. Loved your post Lulu...thanks for sharing all these tidbits with us:):)

lots of xoxox...jenn

TheFancyChola said...

Ohh Lulu your blog was awsome! I really dig the mermaid..she is one of my favorite loteria cards, I love your take on her! Great pics, great blog, great art, as usual!

Martina Åkerman said...

Lulu! I just discovered your blog at 4:30am this morning when I couldn't sleep, grabbed my laptop in the dark, and stumbled across YOU! I am tearyeyed with inspiration and awe at who you are, and what you do, and your fabulous ART!!! My heart is racing with creative energy...as I am soooo inspired by all of your wonderful colorful paintings! I am also an artist, and until now, thought I was pretty creative myself...but now I realize that I have so much more inside of me than what I allow to come out!!! THANK YOU from the bottom of my heart for the colors you bring to the world! I will be a loyal follower to your blog forever. :-)

Susan said...

Fun post, I've always wanted to do a terrarium, but never have. Take care and have a great weekend. susan

bLu eYd YoGi said...

lUlU! i LOVE your mermaid! she's adorable! i heard something good today: There are no shortcuts to any place WORTH going! pretty smart, eh? i liked it!
love.LOVE.love.
e.

Amy Sullivan said...

~I am with you~
~I have been saying "hi" & "by" all in one sentence for weeks now~

~So, much going on~

~I have enjoyed your post very much~

~Love your new painting & your sweet hens~
ox~amy~

Janine said...

Your pictures make me happy.
They are so lovely and colerfull.
Great
Janine

Pam said...

Miss LuLu your blogs are so enchanting! The pics are to die for. Just dreamy. And I love that you take care of your chickens for the span of their lives. They are special, aren't they? A lot of people don't realize that.
Your mermaid painting is lovely. As charming as always in her colorful world. Thanks for sharing all these wonderful little things!

Some kind of odyssey involving puppetry.... said...

Lulu! Thankyou for your lovely message on my blog. I am honoured to be able to enjoy your dizzyingly vibrant creativity via your pages...it is an inspiration. May we all help one another to multiply the inspiration and love of life. Keep feeling the creative euphoria... x x

Diane Duda said...

Hope all is well, Lulu and that you had a happy Mother's day!!!

xo
di

bLu eYd YoGi said...

where are YOU??? why are you hiding??? i miss you~
come back soon!
LOVE you sweetie!
e.

Angela Recada said...

Hi Lulu! It sounds like you are having so much fun!
:0)
Stop by my blog when you have a moment and pick up the Kreativ Blogger Award I've given you!
Hugs,
Angela

Dithi said...

Bonjour Lulu! Tout-vas bien, c'est lingtemps qu'on n'a pas ton nouvelle:(
Reviendras bientôt, s.t.p.!
Bisous.
dee.

glorv1 said...

Hola Lulu. Just stopped by to say hi and hope all is okay. I wanted to wish you a happy Memorial Day and enjoy your weekend. Take care, miss your posting.

Flor Larios Art said...

Hi Lulu,

It is good to be outside too. You are always creating and a little break from time to time is necessary.
Love the mermaid with the little frog...so cute!