Monday, March 23, 2009

THESE ARE A FEW OF MY FAVORITE THINGS ...

An old Chinese clay pencil-sharpener
shaped like a tiny mermaid

An assortment of lake glass
collected on the beach of Lake Champlain
last summer

A plastic smiling Buddha
found at a garage sale
that's been with me forever now

A collection of little plastic japanese monsters
I got in a vending machine at the food store

A pair of blue-suede shoes
I got Ulysse when he was
3 years old

Another Chinese pencil sharpener
of an adorable boy seated on a red koi

A strange and marvelous
Mexican wood carving of a woman-butterfly
I brought back from the Yucatan

A new bird nest on a branch
that I have added to
my collection

I was given the Kreative Blogger Award by wonderful Ooty in Israel a few weeks ago and never found time to follow up on it.

Today, I decided to take a few minutes and play with it, somewhat bending the rules. I am supposed to name 7 things I love ...

These are 7 things that found a place in my studio lately that I simply love and that inspire me.

Oh! I even added a 8th one, just for fun!

I have been working on several paintings at the same time but did not manage to finish one today. My son came back home with a fever this afternoon, so I will be having company in the studio tomorrow. I am a terrible mother but you know what? I just love when he misses school and stays home with me like in the good pre-school days...

In those days, every morning after breakfast, he would climb on the kitchen counter and sit, with his head poised on his hands, and ask: "What are we going to do today, maman?"

I just love a day off with my little boy of 12-years at home ...

You have been asking about the new Frida painting ... It is coming, I promise! I am putting the finishing touches on it and should be able to show it to you tomorrow ...

It is late now and it is snowing ...

So much for spring!

Could it have just passed and we simply missed it?

15 comments:

snippetgirl said...

I love your take on the 7 things! All of your treasures are such fun. It's great to collect special little delights along the way....
Have a happy week, LuLu!
xoxo

tascha said...

Cool stuff! I love the pencil sharpener!

glorv1 said...

Hi/ho Lulu. Those are some really lovable and loved things. Really they all have something of you in them for some reason or other. I love that Mexican wood carving and the fact that you brought it back from the Yucatan. I have never been there. The shoes, how darling. Thx so much for showing us some of the things you so love. Have a great Tuesday.

glorv1 said...

p.s. I forgot lulu, I hope your son feels better and I like the way he calls you "maman." How sweet is that!

Campbell Jane said...

Great collection of things!

DEB said...

You have some beautiful favorite things! I didn't realize you were from VT...The most beautiful state I've ever been to - nothing more breathtaking than a gondola ride at Killington in the fall! I used to live in Bow, NH and I worked in Lebanon, near Windsor, VT. I just love that area, but I'm so whimpy now, VA suits me just fine. It was 55 F here yesterday!

aliceinparis said...

I love looking at people's "treasures". You have such interesting things.Fun. We have snow here too:( Hope your son feels better soon. Nice to have a day at home with his mum.

Dida said...

hey Lulu,
woow luv ur 7 things & their stories...all of them are wonderfull...and what's more wonderful is you took time to sit back and realize & write that...
I remember sitting on the kitchen table and talking to my mom, ohh those were the days...
I hope ur son feels better soon.

luv
dida

Micki said...

Oh my! those pencil sharpeners are the cutest little things ever!!

Micki x

Tess said...

These are wonderful pieces of inspiration. Thanks for sharint them with us. I just love those blue suede shoes!

Susan said...

I love the monsters.

dulcy said...

I so enjoyed looking at your images and paintings! It inspires me to take note of 7 favorite things of mine. I'll be sure to check out your Etsy store!

Bairbre Aine said...

LuLu, I had such fun taking a look at your 7 favourtie things.
Makes me think what lovelies and trinkets I have stashed about my flat, that I adore.
The blue suede shoes are wonderful.
:)

Kim Mailhot said...

Some lovely love things, Lulu ! I love your lake glass collection. Don't fret, spring will be back asap !

Bonne journee !

Pam said...

What a lovely blog! Those photos are wonderful and brought a smile to my face. You are my definition of a "true" artist...you see art in everything. It's a rare gift. Thank you so much for sharing! And thank you so much for visiting my blog...I really do appreciate it.