Friday, March 6, 2009

I AM BACK ...

Yes, I am still alive !

Thanks for your all your sweet emails showing concern about the fact that I have not posted on my blog for almost 2 weeks.

2 WEEKS !!!

Where has the time gone? This is crazy !

Last week we really got snowed over, one more time. I had to drive to Montreal for a day , the storm started in the afternoon and the weather got too bad for driving back I got stucked there for a few days. Burried streets, slippery roads, gusty winds, you get the drift. So I spent fun time with friends and did tons of little things I never find the time to do when I visit the town for a quickie. You see, I am a big-city girl, born and bred in Montreal, so once in an urban surrounding, it all comes back to me pretty fast and I slip back in my I-love-subway-bus-bike-walks-shops-restos-museums-cafes old self in a jiffy.

Finally came back home to find my computer's modem had died (yes, once again) due to a power surge that happened due to the strong wind. And, to top the sundae with a big cherry, I had forgotten my camera was still plugged to my computer so the camera died too !!! Fun, fun, fun ! It never stops ! So ...

No computer, no camera and spring break going on this week made it the perfect mixture to take a break from the regular life ...

Since Ulysse was at his cousin Charlie's house for a few days, I have been on a C-O-M-P-L-E-T-E break, even better than a vacation down south. I stayed home most of the time, no shopping, no running around, waking up and going to bed at the time I felt like, watching a few movies and reading a few books I had put aside for later, redoing a part of my studio, sowing hot peppers and eggplants and dahlias in trays, sorting old photos and boxes of knick-knacks...

Not much work was done on my paintings although I have a nice little group almost done. But I have filled an entire sketch-book with doodles of all kinds ready to come alive on canvas.

I received a new modem yesterday afternoon and operated on my laptop's belly right away. And it works! Got a new camera too, very easy to use and similar to my old one. And Ulysse is coming back home tonite.

So I guess it is now time to put myself in the right gear, shake out some of the laziness still left and return to real life ...

Hey! I can live with that!

I love my real life! And like any other vacation I have taken, towards the end it was time to get back to reality!

Thanks for all your sweet comments left on my blog! I will try to get up to date reading everyone's blog and answering my mail this weekend.

I will also add quite a few new paintings in my Etsy shop and on eBay next.

I have missed you all!

Life without blogging is not as much fun!

HAVE A HAPPY SPRINGY WEEKEND!

Love and hugs ...

LuLu xxxxx

14 comments:

Tess said...

It's sound like you've had quite the adventure. And I'm sure you've got plenty of inspiration swimming around in your head to keep us all entertained and your cavas's happy for some time to come. Happy Spring!!

andrea said...

Sorry to hear about your computer and camera,but glad that's been taken care of.Can't wait to see your new paintings...
Andrea

The Vintage Sister Studio said...

Welcome back Lulu!! Can't wait to see what you come up with after your break. I'm off to enjoy my springy weekend...it will be in the 60's!! Yahoo, I can feel it!!

DEB said...

Glad to see you are back! Things will thaw soon...Real life IS grand!

Dithi said...

Bonjour Lulu! Ta maison est magnifique! J'adorait les petit decoration, le couleur du bois, les decorations, tout est super. Bienvenue et bisous. D.

Bairbre Aine said...

Happy to see your post.
Sorry to read about the detour
from "life as usual" however, sounds as though much was accomplished!
And the computer and camera crisis seems to be sorted out too.
Well done on you!
Hope you have a delightful weekend, and have a bit of a 'spring' in your step, since your mini-holiday.
Warm wishes my friend.
Cheers~

snippetgirl said...

So sorry about the computer! I know how that feels...i lost use of mine for only one day and it was like i lost an arm! Glad everything is ok and look forward to seeing your lovely work, as always.
The SnipPet Girl

Carolyn said...

Glad to see you back!! I too have not been blogging as much! I am glad to see your beautiful photos again!

Jenn said...

welcome back sweet Lulu!! I love the peeks into your lovely home:) so sorry to hear about your computer and camera woes...seems we have a lot in common in that department;) Can't wait to see your new work...

xox...jenn

glorv1 said...

Hola Lulu. Sorry to hear about your computer. Didn't you just lose one? How terrible. At least all is okay. Glad you are back. Have a great Sunday.

aliceinparis said...

Hi, what a time you have had!! I love the picture of the sun streaming into your dining room:) Almost makes Winter go away.
Don't forget your "rainbow" :)

Mimi73 said...

Bonjour :)

Je t'ai découverte sur Etsy :D C'est magnifique ce que tu fais!!!! Moi aussi je suis atteinte de la maladie des p'tits personnages sur mes toiles :)

Bravo pour tes belles créations!!!

Mimi

Flor Larios Art said...

Hola Lulu...que bueno que ya estes de regreso...
Suerte...
Flor

Kim Mailhot said...

welcome back ! may the new tools last a good long time !

I was in Montreal this weekend for a big birthday bash for my brother-in-law ! I always love visiting my home town !
The weather was gorgeous and spring-y and everyone was peeking their noses outside !

Got home last night and we were hit with a snow storm during the night ! We woke up to 6 inches and horrible driving conditions ! Hubby works from home today which is the only good part of this storm for me ! I want spring ! I know, I know, it won't be too much longer now, right ?

Have a great week getting back to your happy routine !