Wednesday, March 25, 2009

FRIDA, LA SEÑORITA PRIMAVERA ...

My head is full of flowers ...

I am Mademoiselle Spring!

I woke up with a tiny germ of an idea on my mind yesterday and I just had to paint this image.

Mi cabeza es llena de flores ...

I worked all day on this canvas and had such a wonderful time adding details to the flowers and painting Frida's green hair.

I guess it shows you just how much I am ready for real spring weather and gardening ! I have sown all kinds of new intriguing and colorful flowers in flats inside and the excitement of being able to admire them in full bloom later this summer is almost unbearable!

Oh, I love gardening !

And I can not wait to to meet with my dear old friends again this year, Misses Hollyhock, Digitalis, Dahlia and Zinnia!

Señorita Frida Primavera painting is available in my Etsy shop if you want to buy it right now or up for bids on eBay.

The last snow on the balcony melted away today but earlier in the morning Mr. Winter had left me a love note ...

A snow heart !

Can you see its outline? Of course, my men did not see it and thought I had a very fertile imagination.

Well, I guess, you can call me a romantic fool !!!

16 comments:

Dithi said...

C'est adorable Lulu! Parfait pour dire 'bienvenue' à printemps. Aussi, c'est vrai romanticism comment tu as trouvé ton ''love note'' d'hiver, tu es chanceuse que tu a pu le voir!!! Bisous.d.

Vanessa Brantley Newton said...

HOW AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SHE IS BEAUTIFUL!!!! OMG! I just love all the spring piled on top of head! It's just fabulous! You are just super duper talented and that eye for color I'd give almost anything for it! You are a genius at this!!! Honestly to live in your head would be a treat. I would love to see what's up their cause what you putting on paper is just overwhelming! It's been a while. I have been busy with creating as well, but I wanted you to know that you are in my thoughts and prayers. Take care my friend!

Kim Mailhot said...

It is here, it is here ! I saw white, yellow and purple crocuses on my walk today ! Talk about a gift of Spring!
Frida is so beautiful with her spring hair-do. I imagine that as what your inner garden/artist looks like today !
From one romantic fool to another, "Happy Spring !"

snippetgirl said...

She is totally fantastic! What a lovely tribute to an artist extraordinnaire AND the best season of the year :)!!!

glorv1 said...

Hi Lulu! La Senorita Primavera is georgeous. Great job and she really depicts Spring.
Have a great weekend.

Julie said...

LOVE HER!!!! : )

Bettina said...

OHHHHHH:LOVELYYYY LIKE ALWAYSSSS!!!!

Rabbit Hill Creations said...

I so admire your creative mind...this piece is wonderful, the colors are beautiful. Your artwork is so uplifting!

Angela Recada said...

Beautiful! And yes - I also see the heart in the snow! It will melt soon and Spring is really, really just around the corner. (I finally saw and heard my first robin in Wisconsin on March 17!!) Take care, Angela

Naija said...

hi
i just wanted to drop in and tell you that i like your paintings and i have added you to my artbloglist
have a great weekend

"Blog Artists" said...

Your work is a stunning array of talent and colour...I will be back frequently...just sad I didn't find you sooner!!!
Char

jean benabou said...

I am going to be planting those lovely hollyhocks this year. I'll send you photos when they bloom!

Sassy said...

I ♥ THE SNOW HEART!!!! I totally see it!!!

Jenn said...

oh yes! Look at that sweet little heart! It snowed here today and I must have daydreamed about flowers and green grass and digging in the dirt all day:) I LOVE Frida with those beautiful flowers sprouting out of her sweet head!
I really enjoyed your last post too. Seeing your fun collections was a treat:) I collect sea glass too. I miss our wonderful beach on Long Island!!

xoxox...jenn

Flor Larios Art said...

Me encantan todas esas flores en su cabeza..genial!

chinamommy said...

i just love your unique & whimsical art!!
misschell
chinamommy04.blogspot.com