Thursday, March 12, 2009

FOUR POLKA-DOT CUPS AND A BATCH OF SHITAKES ...

Simple pleasures happen like a surprise... Tiny marvels that make your day special... Sparks of je-ne-sais-quoi (French for what nots) that wake up your mind and soul...

The colours our four polka-dot cups seated on each other ...

Shitake mushroom clumps growing like strange creatures from outer space on my kitchen table ...

A line of chicken taking their first walk in the spring's melting snow ...

The sound of the stream running under the ice in the forest ...

I never have to look for these daily miracles, they happen by themselves ... Each day brings its load of simple pleasures that I appreciate so much ...

Each day of life is an adventure ...

12 comments:

glorv1 said...

Lulu, how are you and how great that you have mushrooms growing. That is so awesome and I love the chickens walking around in the snow. I can almost hear the stream and you are right, they are all miracles. Thx so much for sharing your wonderful thoughts.

Jenn said...

awww...love those sweet polka dot cups!! Lovely photos:):) Happy week to you
xoxo...jenn

Dithi said...

Refreshing post Lulu-pie! Love the polka dotted cups, perfect for a nice afternoon cuppa :)! Love and kisses. d.

Kim Mailhot said...

You never have to wait for the miracles to happen but you do have to take the time to let them fill your spirit...which you do so very well !

Vive le printemps, plein de miracles !

(PS - I have never seem home grown shitakes before !!!)

Carolyn said...

Those mushrooms really Intrigued me! I read your whole post and had to keep looking back at the mushroom photo. What is the white thing in the center that it is growing out of? I thought it was a cake at first decorated with mushrooms coming out of it...lol

snippetgirl said...

There is nothing better than polka dots!! My favorite. Fab photos, as always.
xoxo

Dida said...

awweeee absolutely luv those polka dotted cups.....i luv polka dots....
and those chickens, its a very cute pic...
really simple things in life are most pleasure full

Susan said...

Aww, I love the chickens.

Pam said...

What wonderful photos you have there! So enchanting...they are just sweet. Thanks for sharing.

Sharon said...

Love those cups. What a way to start the day! now as to the mushrooms, pray tell more on that subject. In other words "how did you do that?" Learning minds want to know. Sharon

America Alcala said...

Very sweet post, I think everyone here including me had to take a second or third look at those mushrooms! They are incredible!:)

Cris Melo, of MeloEarth.com said...

Oh my, what an odd scene for me, a tropical ooman, to see...chicken in the snow. Gosh, it seems everyone has cool chickens BUT me. Waaaaahhh!