Wednesday, February 18, 2009

THREE LITTLE FLOWERS ...

SOLD !!!

I love gardening!

And I like growing everything from seeds sown myself in a pot of dirt.

I marvel at seeing a tiny sprout sticking its head out of the soil at first and I enjoy watching the plant grow like I do with my own child.

I miss playing in the mud gloveless, pulling weeds between the rows of vegetable, watering the garden just before the sun sets.

I am a sucker for bold and wildly colored flowers, the taller the better! In summer, the beauty of the crazy zinnias, the majesty of the showy dahlias, the daintiness of the cosmos and the towering height of the hollyhocks bring me to tears.

I have been known to talk to my flowers and sometimes have serious conversation with them on subject I would not dare touch with humans...

Hey girls! How are we doing today? Getting thirsty? You're looking mighty fine this morning!

Hurray up, Spring !

Melt all that snow away so I can do my favorite thing in the world, lay on my back in the green grass, smell Mother Nature's perfume and watch the leaves in the maple trees contrast with the blue, blue sky ...

Flower Girls Trio is a portrait of my garden friends as they talk to me...

Aren't they adorable?

The painting is currently available on eBay if you feel like bidding and in my Etsy store if you want to buy the painting right now.

Ah! Spring, pleeeeeeeease !!!

14 comments:

Billy and Button said...

Gorgeous, fun and happy work, as always! Kaili x

Gossamer Creations said...

Your flower girls are so cute, so colorful. I can't wait to plant some beautiful flowers this spring. Have a great day.
~Sue~

Saskia said...

Lovely and colourful work!! I feel 'spring' and 'happines'!!

Greetings,

Saskia

Kim Mailhot said...

It was lovely to see the bright flowers you are growing here, Lulu ! So bright and beautiful !

I am feeling really done with winter too. We actually had a nice break for about a week where it was very warm (a few degress above freezing) and with no snow. But it was just a tease as we got snow yesterday again and now it is colder again. I know it is only Feb. and we have a long way to go but it sure feel hard this winter !

Oh well, at least we can plant our gardens in paint right !
Happy Friday !
ox ox

sUz said...

They are beautiful LuLu!!! Alive and brimming with cheer!
iN jOy,
sUz

pinkglitterfae said...

this is the cutest painting! I love big wild flowers too, and this makes me long for spring :-)
especially when we are getting more snow and blustery winds for the next few days!

glorv1 said...

Oh I missed this post. How fun your little flower girls are. I like that you talk to plants. I find myself doing that sometimes. Have a great day and yesterday we got two more eggs and I noted the date on them after I washed them with warm water and dried them with soft cloth.:) Take care.

Sacred Yoli said...

Your work is so inspiring. Congratulations on your sale!

Saludos,
Yoli

Dithi said...

WOW!! Lovely Lulu! Merci beaucoup pour ton souhaite d'aniversaire. Tes commentaires me tellement plait toujours! Bisous. d.

Bairbre Aine said...

your work is delightfully charming, colourful, whimsical and a total
joy to view.
I'm so glad I stumbled upon your blog.
Thanks for sharing your work.
Happy weekend...
cheers~
Bairbre Aine

DEB said...

Lovely! It's funny you mention the seeds, because for the first time this year, I vowed to only plant actual plants I purchase. For several years now, none of my sprouts thrived...Send some of that green thumb magic my way please!!

Barbie said...

I recently came accross your blog and have been reading along. I thought I would leave my first comment. I dont know what to say except that I have enjoyed reading. Nice blog. I will keep visiting this blog very often.


Alessandra

http://www.craigslistpostingonline.info

Giovanna said...

This is adorable!! I love it

william said...

I recently came accross your blog and have been reading along. I thought I would leave my first comment. I dont know what to say except that I have enjoyed reading. Nice blog. I will keep visiting this blog very often.


Alessandra

http://www.craigslistpostingonline.info