Wednesday, February 4, 2009

EVERY DAY HAS ITS LITTLE PAINTING ...

I love red !

I adore pink !

These colors have been my favorites since I was a teenager ! The first 2 1/2 bedroom appartment I rented in an old 3-story house in Montreal when I was 18 was entirely painted pink. I was quite a rebel at the time, you know, just your regular mini-skirt-worn-with-pink-hightop-converse-running-shoes girl, sporting a boyish haircut dyed platinum blonde, riding my red mountain bike even during the worst snowy days of winter, always between two planes, traveling around the world with my leopard-print backback wherever the wind took me ...

As you must know by now, I love bold Mexican colors! I like colors that sing and dance, I love colors that scream and shout! I have this big thing about color matches and color love stories. Applying colors side by side is like a dating game ... Some suit each other, some just don't!

Very often I am amazed at the sight of a color combination just there, waiting to be admired...

And sometimes the color magic is so strong that it makes me giggle with joy! I can not help it !

Like this little canvas of color in the corner of my studio, not staged, not prepared ... It just painted itself into a burst of perfect happy harmony!

2 comments:

tascha said...

I love those colours too! They look good enough to eat!

glorv1 said...

Lulu, hola. I always feel uplifted when I come here because of your vivid colors and great art. I think it's exciting. Have a great Thursday.