Sunday, January 11, 2009

TROPICAL VIBES IN MY STUDIO ...

I love the month of January because of the way the sun shines in my house.

It has moved enough already since December 21st to give a tiny hint of spring being on its way sooner or later ... It is higher in the sky and gives off the most beautiful light in the afternoon.
I swear, it is so warm and soft that it makes my rocking chair moves by itself in the kitchen ...

Ulysse is spending the day with friends outside, Francois is working on a project in his shop and I am in a cool-vibrations state, barefoot in my studio, listening to Bob Marley full-blast, sipping a tall glass of red wine mixed with tropical juice, smelling the wonderful scent of an Amber Glow Yankee candle burning and painting my heart away... Humm ...

We are starting to get the itch of going somewhere warm and wild and far-away on a beach near the ocean, maybe just for a week ... Maybe the Yucatan in Mexico again this year ... Or should we wait and go to Spain or Greece a little later in spring? But Tulum the mermaid is calling us once again ...

Hard to resist her song, isn't it?

1 comment:

sweetmango said...

It is warm and hot and sunny where I am...and I guess to many it is a tropical escape...yet...even I dream of being in the pictures you posted..my kids beside the palm trees...sigh....maybe I will save it for the winter and do a tropical winter escape!