Wednesday, January 28, 2009

OH LA LA ...

Ah! Paris!

To be there in spring, when the gardens are starting to flower, lovers are kissing on the Pont Neuf and the Bateau Mouche is slowly moving on the Seine.

Ah! Paris !

The smell of cafe and warm croissants as you walk early in the morning on your way to Les Puces.

Ah! Paris!

The museums everywhere, the history, the age of this city! To cross a bridge that Napoleon on his horse once crossed, to climb the stairs of Notre-Dame and feel in your bones that time gone by...

Ah! Paris!

Its people, its fashion, its charm!

The last time I was in the city, I went to visit the Eiffel Tower as I always do everytime I travel there. On my way I saw a tiny dainty French woman dressed in pink, cute as a button with her beret and her big bag of flowers and on a red leash she had a pink poodle. She was just perfect! I kept this image in my mind and decided today to paint it.

Paris Girl & Poodle is available on eBay and in my Etsy store as well, if you decide you want it now.

We are right in the middle of winter. Which means one half is already over...

YOUPPI !

But I like winter ... Especially on days like today when the sun is bright and yellow, the sky is blue and the ton of snow looks like whipped cream.

It is warm and cozy inside, I keep the fire roaring all day long and it is so much easier to spend long days in the studio in comparison of doing it in summer. I concentrate better on painting. I go outside to take long brisk walks with the dogs and return to the paint brushes totally invigorated. I do not feel lazy like I do in summer ... Winter is work season!

But I do like the cats do, when the sun shines through the windows, I simply stay still, close my eyes and feel the vibes of spring soon coming ...

7 comments:

glorv1 said...

What nice views you have from your home and how really nice that you kept that little lady and dog in your mind. You are truly an artist. Thx for sharing.

Vickie said...

This painting is so much fun. It makes me want to pick up and go to Paris right now.

Vickie said...

This painting is so much fun. It makes me want to pick up and go to Paris right now.

marianne said...

You have such a wonderful style.. I never tire of looking at the beautiful little paintings! Cette est tres jolie et parfait! Marianne

michelle said...

Oh what fun! Frida and Paris all in one week!

Carolyn said...

sigh... I just love your art!

Cris Melo, of MeloEarth.com said...

From a non-winter person, I have to say that if I had THAT much snow AND a fireplace I'd appreciate winter a bit more...uh...maybe..hehehe! Right now, it's this blase limbo weather that takes my energy away, I'm always cold, I feel cabin fever but don't want to step out (like a cat). I hate to whine, but darn...I get cranky! It's just a combo of mud, wetness and ice out there.

I can't go any more north than I am, and I'm just about ready to go west or south.