Monday, January 26, 2009

MY HEART IS ON FIRE FOR YOU, DIEGO ...

I have always been fascinate my the strange image of a flaming heart. Or the one of a heart bleeding like we often see in older Catholic images.

When I was a kid, I would look at a painting of Virgin Mary showing her anatomically-correct heart hoozing blood, pierced by thorns or with flames coming out of it and would stay paralyzed in front of it, with a mix feeling of awe, terror and curiosity...

Of course, now I have a passion for such hearts, especially the ones depicted in the Mexican culture.

I painted this Mexican Valentine Frida holding a flaming heart at night during full-moon and I think it could have read

My heart is blazing for you, Diego...

This colorful and bold FRIDA & FLAMING HEART painting is available on eBay right now. Or if you are in a hurry to get her, you can purchase it in my Etsy store.

Ah! l'amour, toujours l'amour ...

4 comments:

Dee said...

Elle est adorable! Cetait interessant ce que tu as ecrit sur les coeurs! J'adore les colours que tu utilises Lulu! Bisous! Dee.

michelle said...

Oh Lulu, I just adore your art! Especially right now in the winter dulldrums I cannot get enough of your bright happy colors and those sweet faces!

glorv1 said...

She is beautiful Lulu. Exquisite. But then your work always is. Have a great day.

Carolyn said...

Oh my goodness!! She is gorgeous. I love her vibrant colors! Very nice work!