Tuesday, January 20, 2009

LOVE ANGEL, LOVE QUEEN ...

I finished this painting this afternoon while watching the inauguration of the new President of the United States of America, Barack Obama. And while watching it on tv I literally fell in love with him.

He seems so genuine, so humble, so concerned, so truthful yet so strong, so powerful, so intense and so proud ...

I cried and shivered and smiled and laughed and vibrated watching him and his family and his entourage and the incredible crowd that showed up to celebrate his arrival.

I am a Canadian, not an American, yet the joy and hope and proudness I felt today made me realize the real possibilities of changes starting now and a sense that everything is possible ...

I love you Mr. President, I love the emotions you allowed yourself and everyone else to show and feel today.

BRAVO, MR. OBAMA !!!

My little Queen of Heart painting is available on eBay tonite. Come over and have a look!

8 comments:

chandlerguera said...

Thanks for your kind thoughts about our new President! Today I am very proud to be an American!

sweetmango said...

I fell in love with him the very first time I laid eyes on him and heard him speak....oh my...I told my other half...
"I just saw a man tonight who is incredible, he is thinking about running for president of America and he will and he will win and there will be great change because of him...you should see him, hear him, he is amazing!"
and that was 4 or 5 years ago!!!
Yay for everyone :)
Your new picture is delightful Lulu :)
xxsm

glorv1 said...

I watched all morning as well and I too felt strongly drawn to his words and to him. I send him good karma. Your painting is beautiful.

Cris Melo, of MeloEarth.com said...

Lulu, me again. I just read your profile here on the blog (the one on the main page, not the real profile page) - and almost every single thing checks...we are very alike! Then, again, I think a lot of us creatives are alike in what we treasure. But darn, down to the hatred of the telephone? I hate the phone, hahahaha!! :D

But I love Obama! (so far...knock on wood!)

Pattie Cordova said...

great painting. I love it!

cococricketsmama said...

I'm pretty proud of our democratic process right now, too. Obama is amazing.
I just bought your mariposa Frida print on etsy, we love Frida (my daughters and I) and we're actually moving to Mexico City in 6weeks. We are going down there in a week to show the kids around, and probably go to Frida's house (casa azul). If we don't get it in this trip, then when we're living there. We'll be there for 2-3 years, so we'll get to see a lot of Mexico!
Your art is amazing, not just the Frida stuff.

Jenn said...

hooooray!! a HAPPY day indeed:)
such a sweet painting lulu!
have a great weekend!! xox

Carolyn said...

Your Love Queen is beatiful. Very colorful!