Thursday, January 22, 2009

LISTEN TO YOUR HEART ...

I am always amazed by regular and almost geometric patterns made by nature. Like ripples blown by the wind on a sand dune. Puck marks left in the mud in the garden by heavy rain. The grain in a freshly cut piece of wood. The wiskers of a cat.

I am also fascinated by the rythms of nature. Like the cycles of the moon. The change of seasons every three months. Pink sunrises in the morning in summer and early blue sunset at night in winter. The number of seconds between two lightnings during a storm.

Patterns and rythms...

Ups and downs. Bursts of energy then complete lack of it. Creative periods and moments of total imagination paralysis. We do have our patterns and rythms too and we have acknowledge them to understand their happening. Curves of life. Ups and downs...

Biorythms...I read about them in a big book when I was pretty young and it just blew my mind. We too have high and low tides.

Each year, once the big hype of Christmas and the holiday season is over, I have a tough time with the first weeks of January. I get stucked in a slow-pace-twilight-zone mood. But I just stop and listen to my heart...And I know that the rythm will pick up again...

Don't panick when you feel a little bit off. Just listen to your heart and hear its rythm...

I have had a grrrrreat week so far, finally woke up from my post Christmas-rush lethargy and am feeling totally recharged! Ready for anything to happen this year!

I finished this little Valentine Fairy painting today and it is available on eBay. I also listed it in my Etsy store, just in case you want to get it now.

Isn't she the cutest?

12 comments:

jewelrygirl said...

Do you know anything about "fractals"? I saw a great special on it. It is the mathematics of nature. It is crazy fascinating. My brother, who is a photographer, does "fractal" pictures. They are amazing. Research it sometime, if you have a chance. It blew my mind.

My brother's blog is oz_works on my blog. He has some fractal photography on his blog right now.

Great observation!

FRACTAL n. A geometric pattern that is repeated at ever smaller scales to produce irregular shapes and surfaces that cannot be represented by classical geometry. Fractals are used especially in computer modeling of irregular patterns and structures in nature.

Jenny said...

Awww, your art is just darling. I love the bright colors.

Vanessa Brantley Newton said...

You always manage to leave me breathless with your fabulousness!!!! You are just too talented and creative and fun! You are such an inspiration to try different colors and textures. As soon as I get some money I'm going to purchase something special from your Etsy Store. I CAN'T WAIT. Your art is really something special to have.

glorv1 said...

That's part of life Lulu, ups and down. We learn to ride the tide. Great painting.

jean benabou said...

Your little fairy is very sweet.
Yes...cycles, patterns...moods....difficult sometimes, but definitely natural....
I think it is difficult for many people especially after the Dec. holidays to get back into the regular rhythm.......

Angela Recada said...

Wonderful post! I love your little fairy's pidgeon-toed feet! She's lovely.

Diane Duda said...

She IS just the cutest, Lulu. You snapped out of it in a big way...she's perfect!
xo
Di

glorv1 said...

Lulu, this recipe from Diana Kennedy has the spices you speak of. Maybe it's not what you are looking for but it's pretty close. Thanks for stopping by my blog. Have a great week. Recipe follows:


Legumbres En Escabeche from "The Art of Mexican Cooking", by Diana Kennedy.

4 Tbsps safflower oil
3 medium carrots, scraped and slice diagonally 1/4 thick
6 chiles fresh jalapeños, cut across at the tip
6 or more scallions or small boiling onions, peeledd, tops removed
20 garlic cloves, peeled
3 or more small zucchini (corgettes), trimmed, halved and each piece cut in 3 lengthwise
3 cups mild vinegar or a substitute (white wine, cider vinegar, rice wine vinegar)
1/2 head of cauliflower, broken into florets and blanched
2 medium sized nopales, cut in 1/4 inch strips and boiled or steamed
2-3 fresh ears of corn (preferably not a sweet variety), cut in 1-inch rounds and blanched
1/4 or more fresh green beans, trimmed, cut in half, and blanced
5 California bay leaves
3 fresh marjoram sprigs or 1/4 tsp dried
sea salt to taste
(Optional -my changes:
3 heaped Tbsps brown sugar
1 2-inch cinnamon stick
4 whole cloves
Tie the spices in a cheesecloth bag or a large coffee filter with cotton string for easy retrieval.)

Method:
Heat the oil in a large saute pan, add the carrots, fresh chiles, onions, garlic, and zucchini. Fry lightly until just beginning to change color- about 10 minutes. Heat the vinegar with the optional spice bag, add the optional brown sugar, , and when it comes to a boil, add to the fried vegetables. Stir in the remaining ingredients, seaon, and continue cooking for 5 minutes. Remove optional spice bag. Set aside in a cool place overnight. Refrigerate them (up to 2 weeks) if they are going to be kept for any length of time.
Brink to room temperature and drain before using.

aliceinparis said...

I too use lots of patterns in my painting. Love them. Just put in a bid for this:) It is sweet:)

Lavender Dreamer said...

How sweet! I love your blog and your art is making me HAPPY to be here! So pretty and colorful!

Andrea said...

I love this little angel. What a beautiful post. I think I must honor my sleep bio-rhythm now...so off to be with me!

Lillameenahbloom said...

Pourriez vous me contacter bientôt.

at Lilameenahbloom on Etsy

I have not heard back from you.

Thank you