Sunday, January 18, 2009

FRIDA AND HER DOLL ...

I thought things were pretty quiet lately, that I was not getting as many emails and comments on my blog as usual.

I thought it was due to the extreme cold temperatures we were getting...

I thought that maybe the state of the economy had caught up with me after all...

Then I thought maybe I had said something I shouldn't have said and that I offended everyone ...

Or possibly I had used the wrong word in English and made a fool of myself enough that people did not wanna come and visit anymore ...

But ...

Today I finally figured out why my mailbox was so empty and calm !!!

For some obscure reason, my last posts did not show on the web. I could view my updated blog but no one else could !!!

I feel so much better now that I know you guys are still there but you just could not view my last bla bla blas...

So, if you want to keep up to date with the going ons in my neck of the wood, please scroll back to Thursday, January 8 2009 post and you won't miss anything. My new moose story, my latest junk store find, my trip to Vermont, how cold it has been here, etc, etc, etc.

I finished this little Frida and Doll painting early last week and it is available on eBay for two more days. I just love how this image turned out, love the joyful and spring-style colors in her dress and her little stern-face doll.

I will be posting more paintings this week and there will be a few Valentine ones in there, I promise!

Oh! And before I forget, I want to thank everyone who has included one of my paintings in their Etsy Treasury! I am honored to have been featured in 7 different treasuries in 2 weeks!

Wow! What a medal this represents to me!

Thank you ! Merci ! Gracias !

13 comments:

Susan said...

So glad we can view your blog again. I love the story of the moose. Take care. Susan

Angela Recada said...

I missed your posts, and I'm glad you're back! (Your English is perfect - so much better than my French!)
Angela ;-)

paintedskywoman said...

Weird phenomenon for sure. I only saw them pop up late last night. Must have been a glitch in the system.

glorv1 said...

Glad you are back. I too missed your posts. I tried a few times.

Kim Mailhot said...

Yay ! We found Lulu !!! So glad you are back sharing the yummy pieces from your world ! Bad Blogger fluke !!!

Glad to know you didn't go anywhere !
Happy Monday, Lulu !

Carolyn said...

That is too adorable!!

jean benabou said...

Yes! I kept visiting and wondered what happened! I'm glad you are back online!

snippetgirl said...

Very happy to see your posts back on my blog reading list! Your artwork always makes me smile.
Best wishes,
Carrie the SnipPet Girl

Jenn said...

awwww lulu! What a sweet painting! I love Frida's dress!! and how could anyone ever be upset with you!!!?!! we love you:):) xoxo...jenn

Dee said...

Your paintings are so colourful and throbbing with energy! I love the way you combine patterns and text and make the paintings look so charged and vibrant. C'est vraiment merveilleux Lulu! Je commence de suivre ton fantastique blog. Bisous. D.

Krissysart said...

Hello! Just found you on Noodle and Lou. I am absolutely loving your work. So bright and beautiful. I will be visiting often!
Cheers,
Krissy

Flor Larios Art said...

Hola Lulu,
Me encanta tu logo nuevo.
The Frida painting is awsome. Cute little doll!
Thank you for visiting my blog and for leaving such a nice and uplifting message.
I would love to buy some ACEO cards of your paintings, do you sell ACEOS?
Flor

Fridita said...

Ohhh!! I so love this Frida! Once I get a job I will buy one!! lol Wonderful art you make :)