Sunday, January 4, 2009

CANDY FOR THE EYE AND THE HEART ...

Because it is squeezed between Christmas and New Year Day and because it really does not matter to me, the guys decided to celebrate my birthday on Sunday. And I had totally forgotten about it ... Ulysse woke up earlier than me (which is unusual) and as soon as I had an eye open, he rushed in to kiss me and bring me cafe au lait, butter croissants and homemade strawberry jam on a tray. Ohhhh! I can not remember the last time I had breakfast in bed! Then, he brought me a gift he made for me last night, in his dad's (well it is his too) shop, which was a big secret...
I LOVE IT ! My own hand-carved wooden heart framed in a rough wooden frame inscribed à: Maman de: Ulysse. In it has eyelets so if I ever need to have a change of heart, I can simply replace it with this one, very handy! I will cherish it forever!

As you know, we have many animals in our household: 5 cats, 3 dogs, 1 rooster, 4 chicken, fish and ... a turtle! But I would love to get a chiwawa dog, the tiniest possible. I talk about it sometimes but it is just a fantasy. I can hardly picture myself walking with my 3 big dogs and ... my chiwawa !!! Maybe one day, when I am an old excentric lady... Anyways, I got the cutest tiniest plush toy one I could get and it is very easy to take care of, does not bite and eats very little!

I also got this wonderful little garden sculpture of a peaceful troll's face. Oh! he has just the perfect attitude, the one I have chosen to adopt in 2009! He will have a place of choice in one of my alpine flower beds, stucked in a batch of hen and chicks.

And last, I got this so beautiful antique plaster angel to add my shrine. Isn't she divine?

I still have to receive my gift from my husband, who has been working on it for a while but could not finish it on time due to plumbing, car and health problems. All has been fixed now and he is feeling better so I should be getting it pretty soon ...

I am so lucky to be loved this way, so very lucky ...

4 comments:

Kim Mailhot said...

Happy Birthday Lulu ! How wonderful that you were showered with such Love !!! May it continue through the year !

(Your son is very talented - just like his mom !That sculpture is beautiful !)

Flor Larios Art said...

Wow Ulysse! You are an artist!
Beautiful heart!
Hi Lulu, Thank you for visiting my blog and for leaving sweet comments. I get happy everytime I get one!
Hugs,
Flor

Jenn said...

oh how special Lulu!!!
fabulous treasures indeed:)
Ulysse did such a beautiful job!

Happy Wednesday to you...
xox

bLu eYd YoGi said...

Invite into your HEART only those energies that resonate with the desire to obey your ultimate calling to INSPIRATION~
LOVE&hugs.
e