Thursday, January 1, 2009

BALANCING A HOT DOG ON YOUR NOSE ...

I got this adorable birthday card from my brother Richard and I think it is so à propos...

A new year is starting, shinny, rosy and flawless like a baby's bottom.

Yet we know that comes Monday, everyone will be back to work, holiday vacations will be over, life's routine will return and we will be bombarded once again by the media about how bad the economy is going ...

What lies ahead of us in this new year?

I feel the world is holding its breath, trying to balance a hot dog on their nose, keeping still ...

But, as usual, I am quite optimistic. No need to add more to the negative vibrations anyways ...

I think this economic turmoil will be good for everyone at the end.

People will realize how lucky they are to have their health, their family and a peaceful place to live in.

People will go back to staying at home to raise their kids, they will start baking and cooking again, they will sew and knit their clothes, they will work with the nature instead of against it, they will cultivate their little peace of land.

People will stop to look at the sunshine on their window sill or at the tedious walk of a caterpillar on a spiky leave, they will wonder at the smell of lilac in spring or a freshly baked apple pie.

People will take their loved ones in their arms and they will say 'I love you' and 'Thank you'. And they will truely mean it ...

Yes, 2009 will indeed be a good year, especially if we really, really want it to be a good one ...

I do !

10 comments:

paintedskywoman said...

Well said!

Angela Recada said...

If only more people would begin to feel this way again! I totally agree with you about the importance family and simplicity. Very well said.

Susan said...

What a beautiful post. It brought a tear to my eye. I had just been saying to my hubby, that people will be staying at home more, mostly because they have already purchased everything they could possibly need and it's as if they needed a reason to stop buying and get back to taking care of the basics. Quite well said. Susan

glorv1 said...

Yes, those are good things to do and we do a lot of those things already. Grow our own veggies, hang my clothes, give to shelter's, bake, and enjoy every moment of it. Yay to 2009. Take care.

jean benabou said...

May your words come true!
We all need a change in SO many ways.
I agree that, in the end this crisis will be a good thing.
Happy birthday and a fabulous new year to you!

Flor Larios Art said...

You are a great writer too.
I wish you the best on 2009!
Hugs,
Flor

Jenn said...

lovely, lovely thoughts lulu!!!
Happy 2009 to sweet you!
xoxox...jenn

bLu eYd YoGi said...

ah lulu! BEAUTIFUL POST!!! i'm with you on all that!! thanks for stopping by awhile ago! thanks for your kind words~ you are so sweet! my story~in a nutshell~ i decided to leave my husband of 17 years~ & he has absolutely TURNED on me~ doing anything & EVERYTHING he can to CRUSH me~
no no! NOT going to let him! I am BIGGER than that & I am finally FREE of his control, manipulation & emotional & verbal abuse~
you are so sweet~ here's to an amazing 2009! Let's MOVE forward together!
LOVE.
e

sesga loves 1950s said...

I hope you don't mind !!!I have put a link on my blog to yours, for all the girls that visit my blog ,there are a quiet a few Freida Fans ,That I know will LOVE your art .
By the way I agree a lot of good will come from this bad situation . thanks for sharing
from sesga x

Moondog said...

I'm LOVING your work. Just signed on to follow your blog. I might have to buy one of your prints sometime soon!