Wednesday, January 14, 2009

-40 degrees Celcius ...

or, if you wish, -40 degrees Farengheit !
This is what the thermometer read at my parent's early this morning. We had to keep both slow-combustion stove roaring all night long and let the water drip in the bath just in case the water coming from a pipe in a stream in the mountain froze.

We woke up in a cold house, we could tell how cold it was just looking out the window. The glass panes get so frosted you can hardly see through them. I took the dogs outside for a few minutes then decided to return to my warm bed and skip school today. 52 degrees C in the kitchen made the coffee cup steam like a locomotive. Ulysse was in heaven, still under his warm blanket with a free day ahead of him

In the afternoon, I drove to Vermont just because it was "shipping day" and what needs to be done has to be done, cold or not. I ain't no sissy, I was born here and winters have always been cold! Well, as usual, the view was amazing! This is what you see when you enter Vermont from Canada on the Pinacle Mountain. Isn't it spectacular?

The rest of the day was spent not doing much, hanging out like a bunch of moles in our tunnels. And the sun was with us all day, once again, shining so bright in such a blue sky with snow sparkling like diamonds on a fairy's wings.

None of the cats wanted to go out, they all decided that the litter box was not such a bad place for personal matters, after all. They watched the birds through the windows and dreamed their cats' dreams of green grass, hot benches and cool shades under the flowers of summer.

Just what I dreamed about too, as a matter of fact ...

1 comment:

Kim Mailhot said...

I am dreaming of the warm summer too - it is not as cold here, but still too cold for me ! But like your kitties who know when it is time to just stay in and make the best of it, that is what I am doing - that and putting bright colors around me in the studio !

At least white is a good contrast for all those bright !

Stay warm, Lulu !