Thursday, December 11, 2008

WINTERBLUE ...

... is currently the favorite flavor of the house.

My mother bought a bag of homemade winterblue cello-wrapped clear hard candies at the local Christmas Food and Folk Art Fair. And we are all hooked on the snappy, glue-your-nostrils-together-cold, peppery hot and sweet treats.

So I decided I needed to take a few minutes away from my commissioned orders and paint a sweet little Winter Blue Fairy. She is available on eBay and Etsy, with a Buy It Now option. It would make a very swell gift.

This little painting gives off an almost-cold-to-the-touch wintery feeling! It was fun painting it all in shades of blue. I decided to add mica flakes to the background and as I was doing it I noticed it sparkled the same way the snow did in the afternoon today.

Then, right on my window sill, came a red gros beak bird, one of those fluffy Christmas red chubby volatile, spying what I was doing through the glass. Et voila! Just what the painting was missing!

I think it is just perfect, little bits of winter from here and there, all parts of a cold sunny day here in my little arctic spot of the world ...

ARE YOU ALL READY FOR CHRISTMAS ?

IS ALL YOUR SHOPPING DONE ?

ARE YOU UP TO DATE WITH YOUR SHIPPING AND PAINTING AND LISTING AND FINISHING AND ... ?

I am almost done in every field and am trying to stay calm and relax. You can do so much ... And when the stress level is too high, it takes the fun out of everything, right?

I have been so busy that I totally forgot to celebrate the First anniversary of my blog !

Yep, one year has gone since I started blabla-ing on these cyber pages ... I wanted to do something special on that particular day but it will have to wait till after the holidays.

Stay tuned! A new give-away contest is brewing in the back of my brain !

7 comments:

jean benabou said...

Happy anniversary!
Your little blue angel is really nice, very wintery! I like the fact that it is monochromatic...the blues are very relaxing shades!

Kim Mailhot said...

Felicitations, Ma Belle Lulu! One year of wonderful pink turtle-ness !

I am trying really hard to keep the Christmas Prep. stress level down ! Maybe now that the full moon (today!)will be done, things can get a little more relaxed ! You are right that keeping the joy in things is the key. My strategy is "Do it if it feels good for your heart !" Anything else, adios !!!

Your little feathered friends must make the winter days very sweet !They sure make great inspiration. The gross beak looks so lovely against the blue of your fairy and her glittery winter wonderland !

Happy Friday ! May the weekend by full of glittery moments!

glorv1 said...

Lulu, congrats on your year and that is a perfect painting for the holidays. I just love your work. Have a great weekend.

Susan said...

Happy anniversary! I let my year slip by also. I do love the new cool winterblue art. I have been doing a bit of decorating, and already consuming too many holiday goodies.
Hop over and see some of my decorations. I am still waiting for you to send me some snow...Take care and hugs. Susan

Flor Larios Art said...

Hi Lulu,
Felicidades! I love your new painting. My favorite color is blue. Beautiful!
Will be back for your giveaway.
Flor

Mónica Zúñiga said...

Hola Lulu! Felicidades en tu aniversario! Me encantan tus pinturas de invierno, son maravillosas! :)

Feliz Navidad!!! Moni.

TheFancyChola said...

Wow, I love your creations! Your art shows an inner happiness that translates to the viewer! Thanks! I feel back in the holiday spirit! ;)