Sunday, December 28, 2008

SPRING CAME FOR A VISIT ON MY BIRTHDAY ...

and he brought me a slow and easy day wrapped in warm weather, bits of sunshine and tons of rain.
Most of the snow has melted away and we scored a 15 degrees Celcius (here's a quick trick to translate Celcius to Farenheit: times 2 plus 32, ex. 15 x 2 = 30, plus 32 = 64 F !!!), almost a record high for this time of the year.

The chicken came out of their coop for a pecking feast and left alien foot steps in the slush.

No more snow in the garden ...

All that green seemed to glow and and looked so fresh ...

Mikey could not skate any more on the tiny pond so he went ice-fishing ...

Today, with Spring patting my shoulder, I have decided I am walking backward from now on ...

No more of that growing older, I wanna be 16 forever !!!

7 comments:

tascha said...

Happy Birthday! I hope you have a wonderful celebration!
Cheers!

sweetmango said...

Happy, happy ,joyeux birthday LULU!!!
How funny you want to remain 16, that is my favourite age too!!! A wonderful age to remain :) We shall be 16 together forever!!!
Wonderful wishes and magical blessings to you on your birthday :)
Love sweetmango :)

Angela Recada said...

Belated Happy Birthday!

All the tender green in your photos does my eyes good! It is all shades of gray here; we won't see green for quite some time.
:-(
Does Quebec always have such mild weather breaks in the winter?

Lovely, lovely photos!

Happy New Year!

Jenn said...

Happy belated Birthday Lulu!! Hope you had an extra special day:)
We had the same crazy weather a few days ago...most of the tons of snow melted in the rain...and now there is frozen mud everywhere;) I love the chicken footprints photo!!

glorv1 said...

Happy Birthday Lulu, and I hope your celebration was great. Well I like that commercial that says, "when I grow up, I want to be an old woman." I think it works. Take care and Happy New Years.

jean said...

Happy,Happy Birthday!
What a lovely gift warmth is!
All of our snow has melted away too!
But, it is still quite chilly.
I hope your celebration was all you desired.
Happy sweet 16!

aliceinparis said...

Happy Belated Birthday:) I am just on the other side of New Year. We are winter babies:)
15C, that is warm for Quebec in the heart of winter! Wow, what crazy weather. We are still in the throes of a blizzard! 15 hours.
Love this wee photo essay. The cat on the ice, the chicken tracks, the hens themselves.
Cheers, Shelagh