Thursday, December 18, 2008

NOSE AS RED AS SANTA'S SUIT ...

Snif ... Snif ... Cough ... Cough ... Snif ... Cough ...
I know, I know, I am a lazy blogger these days ... But at least I have an excuse! I am sick ! Well, I mean, we are all sick !!! It must be this crazy winter weather we are getting, one day you can spit in the air and it will freeze before it reaches the ground!

Then, the day after, this particular wind arrives with warm air that would make you think the tulips and daffodils are ready to come out of the soil! One day, my fingers are so cold in my woolen gloves that they are too numb to fit the key in the hole in my car's door ... Then, another day, it is so mild and it rains so hard that stream by the pond overflows ... So, I guess it is just normal that one day, you are feeling great then the day after you feel like you are good for nothing !!!

Ulysse stayed home with a big cold most of the week and spent tons of time reading. Then, of course, I started sneezing too, and by Monday I needed straws in my nose to breath !!! Now, I have a larynx infection and it is so painful I think I must have lost 5 pounds from eating nothing else than soup, puree and other appetizing mushy food. Francois has gotten it too, he is now laying half-dead on the sofa with fever and a wicked sore throat ... BUT ... I AM SO HAPPY ! ! !

ALL my Christmas shopping is done, ALL my Christmas decorating is done and ALL my commissioned paintings are done ! ! ! Therefore, I am sick and I can take all the time I need to get better ! I will be doing some shipping tomorrow and I guess I will be away from my studio for a bit ... Of course, my Etsy store will be stay open for business so you can drop by and buy a print or two (or three, the third one is FREE). But I will not be adding new paintings until 2009 has arrived and eveyone is back from the holidays. 2008 has been a very good year so far and I am happy to end it this way ... I will be reading all your blogs, will have time to leave comments, to chat some and will write more regularly on my blog. I will spend tons of time with my family and friends and will play outside every day. I work on a mega plastic collage project that has been in the back of my head, I will go ski and skate, I will watch movies and read books. And soon enough, I will be back to my brushes, my colors and my sketch books cause they will be calling me ... and I will be missing them !

I hope everyone is having a great time in this busy buzzy period. Don't forget, do take some time for yourself too !
P.S. This last picture is one of the religious shrine I started in one corner of the living room. I found them here and there in garage sales, they are all old and made of plaster and I think they look so wonderful and inspiring displayed together ...

8 comments:

Diane Duda said...

I'm so glad to hear that you have the time to relax and get better. Doesn't that feel good! :)
My paints are calling to me already, but I don't know when I'll get the time to use them. Plus my painting table had to be all cleared off to make room for extra family on Christmas eve.
Perhaps I'll be able to doodle on a napkin tonight at Aaron's show. :)
Feel better, Lulu!
xo
di

Kim Mailhot said...

Sorry you are all sick ! But glad that you have the time to get cozy and heal up before the holiday !

I am done the shopping and decorating too ! Just some baking left to do and of course, the wrapping. I am definitely going easy on myself though ! As much as I love packages carefully wrapped with all kinds of arty tags and bow, etc. I have decided that I am going to use my recycled gift bags and the few more I needed to buy for this year and keep it simple !!

I hope you and your sweet family have a wonderful, cozy holiday !!!

Amy Sullivan said...

~Relax~Enjoy~Cuddle Up~
I am having a Give~Away~
Come visit~
:)
~Amy~

Jenn said...

Hi Lulu! I am FINALLY finished with all my work and shipping off out of town gifts TODAY. I'm so happy I could cry...really. Of course, all this craziness made me totally ill as well. I barely have a voice and I'm really looking forward to the day I can breathe out my nose again!!! Here's to some rest and much needed RELAXATION for the 2 of us:):):) Feel better!! I LOVE your religious shrine. So fabulous!!

Merry Christmas to you and your family Lulu!! xoxox...jenn

Pam said...

Oh wow...those santos are just like the ones my grandparents always kept around the house! I wish I could find some of those old ones here, but if somebody has them for sale, then they're gone before I know it. Your Christmas tree is lovely. And your son...what a gorgeous kid! Lucky you. I wish you all the best this season. I look forward to taking time off from painting and just baking breads and cookies with my kiddoes for a while.
Have a wonderful holiday!

Pam said...

Oh wow...those santos are just like the ones my grandparents always kept around the house! I wish I could find some of those old ones here, but if somebody has them for sale, then they're gone before I know it. Your Christmas tree is lovely. And your son...what a gorgeous kid! Lucky you. I wish you all the best this season. I look forward to taking time off from painting and just baking breads and cookies with my kiddoes for a while.
Have a wonderful holiday!

aliceinparis said...

Cough, cough, I am ill too, but like you I am finished with most of the Christmas mayhem:) I love your tree! So cheery and bright. How nice to snuggle down with books and soup and bask in that rosy glow.
Get well, Happy Holidays, Cheers, Shelagh

TheFancyChola said...

I really dig that shrine! Your blog is a visual feast as usual!