Saturday, December 20, 2008

MY PINNACLE MOUNTAIN ...

my little paradise ... I drove Ulysse to one of his friends' house nearby this afternoon, the sun was shining and the view was incredible! I came back home, took the three dogs with me and hop! in the car, we went together for a picture ride. No need to search for Winter Wonderland, it is here in Southern Quebec and its shining star is Mont Pinacle, my mountain ...

And every day I give thanks for having had the chance of being born in this part of the world where there is no war and where snow mingles with peace ...

I am so lucky ...

And I took this picture especially for you all. This is line that has been cut out in the woods nearby. This line is the line you see on a map of North America, the line that is drawn between Quebec and Vermont, between Canada and the USA. No, really, this is not a joke!

Do you know that about 30 years ago, there were no border offices in this region, you could just drive back and forth from Quebec to USA and back without having to report your travelling. Wow, so many things have happened since then ... The world is changing for sure ...

7 comments:

glorv1 said...

Now this was a learning experience for me today. I didn't know about that line separating us. Thank you. Beautiful pictures and such wonderful scenery. You are very lucky. I know very little, if at all about your part of the country. Some day I will read up on it. Merry Christmas

Angela Recada said...

Yes, sadly things have changed in the last 30 years. I, too, remember when we could just cross the border with a friendly wave and be on our way.

Beautiful pictures - thanks for sharing them with us.

Best wishes,
Angela

Marie Patterson Studio said...

Beautiful pictures....thanks for sharing!

Susan said...

Your pictures are beautiful. Merry Christmas.

Vanessa Brantley Newton said...

How beautiful!!! what wonderful pictures you have shared! What a sight! wishing you a very merry christmas!

bLu eYd YoGi said...

BEAUTIFUL photos! lucky you! hey LuLu! i've missed you~ i've been away~ having a not-so-mid-life crisis~ glad to be back & happy ho ho to you & your adorable fam :)
LOVE.
e

Flor Larios Art said...

Wow! Beautiful!
Thank you for sharing your pictures with us.
Feliz Navidad!
Flor