Saturday, December 27, 2008

LOTS OF RED LEFT AND BITS OF GREEN TOO ....

Candy-striped towels, a swiss chocolate wrapped in metallic paper, a book on chicken, a piece of my home-made Bûche de Noël on a festive plate and a red bandanna used as a napkin ...

Christmas was nice and simple, joyful and peaceful.

A spiffy red hiking bag , a gift from my bro, a polka-dot cup with tiny grater and box of chocolate to make hot cocoa, a gift from my Ulysse, a spunky red-dressed lady on a fun Christmas card, a Swiss Army Knife and a pair of hand-knitted slippers from my mom (we all got a different colored pair, mine of course, was red) ...

Just a small gathering made of us three, Francois, Ulysse and I, and my parents who live 10 minutes away, and my brother Richard who came from Laval, not far from Montreal, to celebrate with us with his two kids, cousins Jeanne and Charlie.

An assortment of hot sauce bottles I offered my husband Francois who likes everething calliente ...

We gave each other tons of gifts, ate tons of food, played tons of games and had tons of fun.

The cousins, Ulysse and Charlie, having some fun during Christmas vacations, as they do each year. They will be spending 5 days together ...

I have a small family, one brother only, and Francois' family all live in different corners of the states ...

A bright red Volkswagen beetle metal toy car, the car of my dreams ...

It was small and just perfect!

A red wooden bolo paddle my dad built for each of the kids, for fun and as a reminder of days gone by ...

So, another Christmas has gone by, leaving red and green remnants here and there ...

and a new year starting soon ...

P.S. Shhtt! Not a word to anybody! Tomorrow is my birthday !!!

5 comments:

Diane Duda said...

Have a Happy Birthday, Lulu...and a wonderful New Year!
xo
Di

Susan said...

H.B.T.Y. (that's my way of keeping the secret) Hugs, Susan

Susan/sweetimaginations said...

I'm no good at keeping secrets...Happy Birthday, Miss Lulu!!! I hope you have a lovely day full of joy. :o)

glorv1 said...

I hope your birthday tomorrow will be an enjoyable one. Happy Birthday and many more.

paintedskywoman said...

Happy Birthday! Eat lots of fun stuff and take time for yourself.