Wednesday, December 3, 2008

I DREAM OF SNOW ... NOT !

I wanted to paint Frida in the snow, with fur-trimmed hat and mittens. A wintery Frida. And of course, I could not resist giving the snowman she is holding a calavera (skeleton) style. The words on the painting say 'I Dream of Snow' in Spanish ... Isn't she adorable?

As usual, this Frida in Snow painting is up for bids on eBay or you can buy it right away in my Etsy store.

I think she would make a wonderful little present!

The snow has completely melted and the grass is showing again. It is chilly, a few degrees below freezing point, but I could not resist riding my bike down the mountain today. Zipping down the hard unpaved road with my favorite knitted trio of red rasta-style tam hat, leopard mittens and candy-cane striped scarf made the exploit even more daring and fun!

I like snow but ...

I would not mind if it was gone for good and spring was on its way ...

(sight!)

11 comments:

aliceinparis said...

We are having a cold, damp rainy December here too! Such odd weather. Dec started with a huge snowstorm BANG and now it's all gone. Green lawns everywhere. Wondering if I might have to mow again!!!!!!
Cheers, Shelagh
Snowy Frida is lovely!

RyoJul said...

Hi Lulu love the painting. I hate to tell you this but the context that you used "soño con nieve" is not right, well your translation is not right. In this case it would be "She dreamt with snow" that's a third person use. If you want it to be first person you would have to write "Sueño con nieve"(I dream with snow). Soñe would be I dreamt and soñó(notice the accent mark on the o, that is very important)would be he/she dreamt, which is the same translation I gave you before. You just need to write the accent mark above the o but it still will not mean I dream of snow. I hope this was helpful and not too much of a bummer.

~Julia

Susan said...

Alas, here in my part of the country, we have no snow. Send some our way, just in time for Christmas, please. Take care. Susan

glorv1 said...

Hi Lulu. I love the Frida. Great work as always.Take care.

Flor Larios Art said...

I ove your painitngs. always full of color, full of life. MARAVILLOSOS!
Flor

Dream With the Fishes said...

I just love your Fridas! They are so sweet and cheery and make me very happy to look at. I will definitely be checking in on your blog often! Thanks for adding me to your blog's list as well. And I've added your name to my giveaway! Good Luck to you! xoxo Serena

jean benabou said...

It's 9 degrees here this morning! But the sun is out and it's very beautiful!
Your new Frida is lovely! I can't wait to see what comes next!

sweetmango said...

Great painting, the snowman just tops it off perfectly! his face is too precious :)
xxsm

Pease Porridge said...

Your art is so colorful! It really stands out. Just beautiful.
Jennifer

catboxartstudio said...

I just love your holiday Frida's! They might just be my favorites! Since I'm a California girl, I can do without the snow! It is so pretty though....

Leslie said...

I love this one too! They're all special.

Leslie