Monday, December 1, 2008

DECEMBER ALREADY ... OHLALA ! ! !

How did we manage to arrive to December once again?

Summer ends, school starts, Halloween goes by then you think there is still plenty of time before Christmas ...

WRONG ! ! !

Christmas always gets here before I have enough time to do everything that needs to be done ...

Most of the snow has melted but I am not fooled ...

Christmas will be here soon !

I have been painting 6 days a week lately, from 8 a.m. till 4:30 p.m. when I go down to the village to pick up Ulysse from school. We do homeworks, I prepare supper, we eat and do the dishes, then ZAP ! I go back to my studio with my son-buddy-partner-in-crime. I work again till around 2 a.m. and stop, not because I am tired but usually because my feet are cold from staying seated for so long. But I am happy! I finished my last commissioned painting today and have been working on 4 different other paintings at the same time which I am trying to finish for Wednesday. I will be adding more original canvas and some prints in my Etsy shop and on eBay before the end of the week.

That is what I have been up to !

Not much time to write on my blog, or respond to comments, or leave comments on everyone's blog but thank you so much for stopping by and for ALL your wonderful comments about my art.

I try not to watch or listen to too much news about the economy and the disasters that seem to tumble behind it. I still can't get over the story of this poor security guard who was stampeded by a bunch of impatient shoppers at Walmart ... Are people going crazy or what?

I am living a very simple life made of love, family, sharing and painting and I am very happy with it.

BUT ...

My shopping is still not all done and it is driving me crazy !!!

And the decorations are not all out of the boxes and the cards are not sent and ...

I think I will do like Diablo my cat and do the fake-iguana stretch!

No need to rush ...

CHRISTMAS IS FUN !

11 comments:

Leslie said...

So good to hear from you Lulu-yes, we do have quite a bit in common what with our Negril connection. Cool that you painted signs there-wonder if they're still in place after all these years? Things change there so drastically even from summer to summer.
I have been stopping by your blog for awhile now via my friend Amy-The Heart of A Seed.
Thanks for visiting me and I will come again soon!
I haven't even started my Xmas shopping yet!?! HELP!

Leslie

paintedskywoman said...

I thought that lizard was real! ...hehehe

Tis the season to be busy, busy, busy.

lpatencio said...

I admire how much you paint. I have so much to do, that I would feel overwhelmed if I didn't have a list. We are having a simple Christmas this year. I am even having recycling paper bags from the grocery store for wrapping paper. Your work is so cute!

April Jarocka said...

so beautiful to see the snow outside your home LuLu. It is very wet here in Ireland one day and frosty the next. It's confusing.
Can't believe you paint until 2am. If I did that I'd be a zombie...
All the best
April

April Jarocka said...

so beautiful to see the snow outside your home LuLu. It is very wet here in Ireland one day and frosty the next. It's confusing.
Can't believe you paint until 2am. If I did that I'd be a zombie...
All the best
April

glorv1 said...

Already you have your table xmasy, if that's a word. I really thought that iguana was real. You must be really tired from so much painting. It's what you love though. Take care. Nice to read your post Lulu.

Tammy said...

I love this line in your post.

"I am living a very simple life made of love, family, sharing and painting and I am very happy with it."

Thanks for sharing.

Tammy

Belle said...

Lulu
I love your paintings and prints. I am in awe of your talent. I had to have the mermaid.I love her. I sent you a message on ebay.

tascha said...

Ohhh that iguana scared me! I thought "Wow your cat and the iguana get along so well!" LOL!
Hugs!

Diane Duda said...

Too much to do here too!
I wish I was painting as much as you are.
December should be twice as long as the other months!!!
Don't work too hard. :)

xo
Di

Jenn said...

I know lulu! That story of the poor employee at WalMart has haunted me ever since I heard about it. It makes me SO mad, I can barely see straight.

I'm glad you are finding so much time to paint:) Happy December!!! xoxo...jenn