Monday, November 10, 2008

ROCKS THAT ROCK ! ! !

Today, I received a very special parcel in my post office box in Vermont. A padded enveloped stuffed with a bit of magic ... The whole thing was wrapped with tender care opening it made my day!

Look what I got from Kim at Queen-of-Arts ! A handful of hand-painted rocks ! Rocks that she paints with little messages. Rocks that you can keep for yourself and place in strategic places to inspire you. Rocks that you can give to loved ones, friends, people you care for. Rocks that you can simply leave in your path, on a bench in a park, in the subway, at the restaurant, on a sidewalk and that someone else will find. Rocks to share with others with little messages of love for them to find ...

I have kept one of them for myself, the one with the word "peace" painted on its surface. I have given one to my husband and it sits besides his computer. Ulysse has chosen another one, "Lick your plate" and he has given to his fairy-God-Mother Viki. I have left one on a seat in a bus in Montreal, sent another one to my friend Nadine in Paris. I have place one on the steps of the Public Library in Richford, Vermont and another one on the seat of a motorcycle in the village. All of them rocks are gone somewhere else and who knows what path they will take once they are found ...

This is such a wonderful gesture to stretch your arms and wrap them around the world with bits of love and compassion ...

If you would like to know more about Kim's "Rock My World" adventures and about her art, check her blog at http://queen-of-arts.blogspot.com

You have touched my heart, Kim ! Thank you !

Busy, busy !

Too busy to snap pictures of my new paintings, too busy to list them on eBay or Etsy. Work, work, work ! Gotta work ! Gotta finish this huge Frida painting, gotta finish my Christmas card, gotta finish a couple of commissioned paintings, gotta wrap and ship art, gotta get ready for the Holidays, gotta keep some time to play and relax with my family but gotta rush, gotta finish everything in time, gotta go ! I think I am the new version of the white rabbit in Alice in Wonderland !

Oh! My! Time is flying! Gotta go! Oh My ....

12 comments:

Kim Mailhot said...

Merci mille fois ! Thanks so much for this great rockin' post, Lulu ! You made my week ! How wonderful to know where the Rock my World rocks are on their journeys ! I am glad that you and your men enjoyed them. And one went to Paris ?! I had some coast to coast in Canada and the US (Even Hawaii, thanks to Olivia at Happy Luau who recieved an envelope too) but now the rocks will be on two continents (as far as I know!) ! Yippee !
Thanks again so much !Ca me touche enormement ! You rock, Miss Lulu !

Diane Duda said...

Love the rocks! What a great idea!!!
Hope you're not too busy to stop by. I'm having a little give-away. :)

xo
Di

Flor Larios Art said...

Hi Lulu,
I feel the same way...rush,rush,rush...no time.
Lovely rocks. Thanks for sharing.

Sandra Evertson said...

Just Fabulous!
Sandra Evertson

glorv1 said...

I think the rocks are a great idean. Maybe I will look for rocks and paint them and give them away like you say. They'll go on a journey, who knows where. Great idea. Thanks for sharing. I'd love to see your frida that you are painting now. Take care.

Jenn said...

what a fun idea!!

thanks for all your well wishes Lulu:) big xoxoxo to you!!

xoxoxo...jenn

jean benabou said...

What a great gift to receive!
And what a wonderful idea to pass them on.
I think that the good thoughts you are extending to others surely return to you....

Leslie said...

What a lovely idea and leaving the rocks in different places for others to find randomly-how very nice. I would love to find a rock like that!

Thanks for sharing,
Leslie

Amy Sullivan said...

~Oh Lulu~
Love those little rocks~
~But~ Oh LuLu~
~I "feel your busy"~

& I have given you an Award today~
This morning I had my very own Award Ceremony~
~But~ relax, put it in the "when I can" pile~
I had to wait to post mine too~

~So, I will be looking forward to seeing your Christmas creations~

oxox~Amy~

The Vintage Sister Studio said...

Love the rocks, what a great idea.
You are such a busy, busy girl!
Tracy

Uneekdolldesigns said...

The lick your plate rock is funny! LOL I would have no trouble doing that!

The Vintage Sister Studio said...

It's me again....stop on over, I have a little somethin for ya.
Tracy