Wednesday, November 19, 2008

PEACE AND LOVE ON EARTH ...

Tonite it is cold as a witch's tits.

I love this expression! And it IS cold. -15 degress Celcius which is roughly 5 little degress Farengheit !!! In November !!!

When I walked to the chicken coop to feed them, the water in their little shed was frozen. Which means we will start the heating lamps tomorrow to give them some comfort. The funny think is the infra-red lamps stay on at night and when you look outside at night you can see the hens still up, walking in front of their little window, scratching and pecking. It looks like a seedy massage parlor.

Ulysse is on vacation for 4 days so no need to wake up at 6 a.m. tomorrow, we can sleep in a bit! I really need it as I have been going to bed around 3 a.m. for the past 5 days, working late in my studio each day.

I finished this painting this afternoon and I really like how it turned out. The message reads "Peace and Love on Earth" in French and I might use this image rather than the Deer and Red Birds one for my Christmas card.

You can bid on Mother and Daugther Angels on eBay or if you are in a rush to get it and do not want to bother with the auction, you can snatch it in my Etsy Store. It think it would make a wonderful gift from a daughter to her mom and vice-versa. Bidding starts at 99 cents so go ahead and bid plenty !

I have been keeping a pretty good pace in my studio, turning out a painting a day. I will be listing a couple more before the weekend and will try to add a couple more prints in my shop.

Ulysse built this Secret Agent tool for a contest Lego is having. He really worked hard at it, planned it on paper, designed it, fine tuned it, took the picture, wrote an explanation text, gave it a name and sent it himself in the mail.

Guess what? He got a call today from Lego to let him know he is one of the 3 winners for the entire Canada! This was not a random contest but a judged one so Ulysse was dancing with joy! I am so happy for him, he deserves it! He wants to be an engineer or designer in a couple of years and I think this prize will be a big motivator for the future. And the cherry on the sundae: They are sending him a gift certificate of $50 and the picture of his creation as well as the credits that go with it will appear in the January Issue of the Canadian Lego Magazine!

BRAVO ULYSSE ! ! !

11 comments:

glorv1 said...

Wow, that is incredible. Congratulations to your son Ullyses. It's cold over here but not like over there. We have chickens as well, and birds, and dogs, and of course a cat. Have a great day tomorrow and again great job on your latest creation and also to your son.

Kim Mailhot said...

Felicitations Ulysse !!! That is a great accomplishment for a budding designer/artist/engineer !

I hope you have a cozy slow morning under your quilts !

paintedskywoman said...

It is snowing like crazy here in southern Ontario. It hasn't gotten really cold, but the snow is coming down.

I remember the joy of legos. Legos and Barbie were my favorite. Sometimes I combined the to and made lego houses for the Barbies. Ah childhood. It seems a million years away now.

ButterCup said...

That's cool! Congrats. I like you blog :)

Dada's place said...

This is so beautiful painting! :)
Congratulations to Ulisse! :)
BTW, I tagged you on my blog, so if you aren't to busy, you can check it out...

Flor Larios Art said...

Felicidades Ulysse! I love the painting I just placed three bids.
Thanks,
Flor

glorv1 said...

Hola Lulu. I left something on my blog for you to read regarding representations. I personally am not from Mexico, but of course am Mexican. Hope what I left helps a little. Take care.

YayaOrchid said...

Lulu, I come by way of Gloria's blog. I read your question and commented that IMHO the poinsettia is the one symbol in my mind of Christmas in Mexico. Your artwork is beautiful, and a poisettia would look so pretty in one of your paintings.

jean benabou said...

Congratulations Ulysse! I bet you are so proud of yourself! You should be!
It's getting very cold here also, it's going to be between 13 and 17 tonight!
I am waiting for the snow:))

Vanessa Brantley Newton said...

I am almost lost for words for your illustration. I feel like I just walked into a candy dream. OMG it's just WONDERFULLLLLLLLL!!! Oh and congrats to Ulysse!!! I see talent runs in the family for sure. It's cold here right now in New Jersey and I'm sitting in my home looking like an eskimo for sure. I thank you so much for stopping by my blog and leaving a wonderful message. You made me smile today and to me that's power. I will be visiting again and again for sure. Thanks again.

aliceinparis said...

Congratulations to Ulysse! What a great invention!
I laughed when I read "It looks like a seedy massage parlor. " That was great pun although maybe it was accidental:)
Love your painting.
Cheers, Shelagh